UnevenEdge

A Seinen Action Anime That Never Aired On Adult Swim

PurgatoryGirl

and will never air on Adult Swim's version of the Toonami block is Tenjho Tenge. In 2006, Fuse TV aired Tenjho Tenge in its entirety. Even though the network censored a few scenes like panty shots, at least Fuse aired every episode, including the OVA's.

Tenjho Tenge's OVA's were basically the last 2 episodes of the series. Considering that Adult Swim never aired the OVA's for Wolf's Rain and Black Lagoon to complete each show's season years ago, the network would probably do the same for Tenjho Tenge. That's if Toonami ever gave it a chance to air on the block (not holding my breath).

Watching episode 1 of Tenjho Tenge may seem a really cheesy, but there is more to the plot as you watch each episode. It's most definitely better than Ikki Tousen hands down. When saying that, I mean there's more to Tenjho Tenge than panty shots.

http://www.viewster.com/serie/1313-19709-000/tenjho-tenge/#

8 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Actually, [adult swim] did air the OVAs of Wolf's Rain. They skipped the four recap episodes, though, and for good reason.

Oh really? Normally, Adult Swim doesn't air OVA's for a series. I probably missed Wolf's Rain's OVA's on Adult Swim years ago, since the network always aired the better Anime at midnight, when most people are sleeping.

It wasn't until I started watching the series online years ago, that I had the chance to see Wolf's Rain in its entirety. 

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

Honestly, I'm still very surprised that Adult Swim actually aired the Hellsing Ultimate OVA's.

Years ago, I remember them saying that they wanted to air Elfen Lied but they claimed they would have to butcher the first few minutes of the series with censorship because of the full frontal nudity.

1 hour ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

Oh really? Normally, Adult Swim doesn't air OVA's for a series. I probably missed Wolf's Rain's OVA's on Adult Swim years ago, since the network always aired the better Anime at midnight, when most people are sleeping.

Nowadays, they don't. But back in the day, they occasionally did. Wolf's Rain wasn't alone in this. They aired the four OVA follow-up episodes to Kikaider at the cost of the recap episode 8, and they included the DVD-only Durarara!! episodes 12.5 and 25 with the show's premiere run.

• Like 1

Getting back on topic,  in my opening post of this thread, I posted the link to Viewster. Viewster has the online streams of Tenjho Tenge.

Even though the site's Anime selection is limited compared to other online streaming sites, it is "legit."

Viewster's media player looks a lot like Crunchyroll's original media player from 2006. That was before Crunchyroll became "legit" in 2009 with buffering ads in its media players. The quality of Crunchyroll's media players have been terrible, since 2009.

That's not including the fact, that more viewers use the site now and it's constantly being hacked.

Anyway, if you want to watch Tenjho Tenge, click on the link above and it will take you to the video.;)

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

Unfortunately the problem becomes that Seinen anime don't get many good adaptations if any at all nowadays, at least Vinland Saga is getting a Studio Wit anime adaptation, hopefully that can wash the taste of Berserk 2016 out of our mouths

11 hours ago, scope said:

Unfortunately the problem becomes that Seinen anime don't get many good adaptations if any at all nowadays, at least Vinland Saga is getting a Studio Wit anime adaptation, hopefully that can wash the taste of Berserk 2016 out of our mouths

Even if it is not the newest Seinen Anime to be released, networks could still air them. It seems like most fans care more about how new a series is when there are usually some, that are decent but constantly get ignored.

Also, it would be more refreshing to see something different than the stereotypical Shonen Jump Action Anime. Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Shonen Anime but there needs to be more expansion and variety. Watching the same type of Anime gets boring after a while.

This is only a tangential observation, but I think Birdy the Mighty: Decode would've been a great choice for either [adult swim action] or Toonami to air. The problem was that it came almost perfectly between [asa]'s downfall and the revival of the latter. Still, I have to wonder what the opinions would've been if it had aired instead of Casshern Sins.

4 hours ago, Blatch said:

This is only a tangential observation, but I think Birdy the Mighty: Decode would've been a great choice for either [adult swim action] or Toonami to air. The problem was that it came almost perfectly between [asa]'s downfall and the revival of the latter. Still, I have to wonder what the opinions would've been if it had aired instead of Casshern Sins.

I kept hearing about Birdy: The Mighty over the last several years, but have never personally watched it. I did try watching Casshern Sins, when it premiered during Toonami's relaunch/revival. However, I could not get into watching it.