UnevenEdge

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode #45 Discussion!!

Shino can't tell Yamagi is gay or how gay he is being with him rofl.

Super Galaxy Cannon?  Heh.  And only one shot?  Not ideal, but it's doable.

Good, use it on Rustel.

Surprised revolutionary golden boy prince died so fast.

You should have been in the battle from the beginning McGillis.

Just now, elfie said:

Damn.

If you get ANY kind of enhanced focus or character development in this show, you are DEAD.

yep

it's why the only Gay character who lives is Yamagi, the only character who gets absolutely no character development at all outside of us knowing he's Gay and has a crush on Shino

Just now, mochi said:

yep

Hide contents

it's why the only Gay character who lives is Yamagi, the only character who gets absolutely no character development at all outside of us knowing he's Gay and has a crush on Shino

Honently. I kinda FORGOT he had a crush on him. I don't remember any build up to that whatsoever.

• Like 1

Just now, elfie said:

Reveal hidden contents

Honently. I kinda FORGOT he had a crush on him. I don't remember any build up to that whatsoever.

He clasps his hand after Shino touches it in Season 1 and sits in his lap in season 2

there's no other subtext outside of those scenes before this ep

3 hours ago, 3ngag3 said:

Call back to Gundam 00 with that misfire.

Yup, totally agree, nice call back.

Though Lockon's had a lot more atmosphere and tension to it thanks to execution, though it did also get more time to sink in and build since it took up more of the ep if I remember correctly.

Loved Gundam 00.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mochi said:

yeah but I didn't suggest that any characters were giving eachother blowjobs now did I?

TTS5NJe.jpg

You come up with the most obnoxious reaction pics and gifs, I swear.

Yamagi bent down when he tightened that bandage, looking like his head was in his lap, and Shino grunted.  They knew what they were doing hahaha.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I guess he doesn't care as long as it helps him get his revenge?  Still silly though.

So the aiming is manual?  Argh.

Yeah, that seems to be the case, he seems to be mainly concerned with his revenge justice and finding out why McGillis turned on him.

Edited by DangerMouse

13 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Rustal's one jaw-drop and it's a complete troll. Dude has it way too easy.

That would've been great if he died there.

13 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Nice FAIL, Mika.

Lots going on in that battle for me to keep up with.  What did Mika mess up?

7 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

You come up with the most obnoxious reaction pics and gifs, I swear.

Yamagi bent down when he tightened that bandage, looking like his head was in his lap, and Shino grunted.  They knew what they were doing hahaha.

suuuuuuuuuuuuuure they did

tumblr_inline_ouhg92D2WK1r9rp4a_540.png

36 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

That would've been great if he died there.

Lots going on in that battle for me to keep up with.  What did Mika mess up?

It's really quick to see but Julieta's weapon broke up the shot by knocking it off course just enough since Mika somehow did so shitty against her despite his upgrades. Though how she was able to see that while also fighting someone like Mika is a question.

cuYoI0B.jpg

0UL2OPu.jpg

Yeah, since that was the first time we've ever seen Rustal's "I'm totally in control" face break. He's a pretty good villain at least.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DangerMouse said:

It's really quick to see but Julieta's weapon broke up the shot by knocking it off course just enough since Mika somehow did so shitty against her despite his upgrades. Though how she was able to see that while also fighting someone like Mika is a question.

cuYoI0B.jpg

0UL2OPu.jpg

Yeah, since that was the first time we've ever seen Rustal's "I'm totally in control" face break. He's a pretty good villain at least.

Oh I didn't even notice that.  I thought Shino just missed haha.  Maybe I'll rewatch that part.  That is odd. Yeah good question indeed.

Yeah.  Though I think it was poorly done and a bit confusing that they didn't show Rustel during or after the thing grazed the bridge.  I wasn't sure what happened at first.  Would have been good to see his reaction too.

• Like 1

This episode is the only thing I actually watched at the St. Patrick's Day party tonight--and I used my DATA to do it! Shows you how much I adore this show.

Anyway, I thought this episode was at least worth an "A", but apparently our trusty ANN reviewer thought different: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/mobile-suit-gundam-iron-blooded-orphans/episode-45/.112723

TL,DR: Rating "B+"

On 3/19/2018 at 4:09 AM, ben0119 said:

But they don't even seem believable.

I think I read on the wiki that they're in the category of rail guns. They seem to have basically taken the place of the large scale beam weapon that's usually capable of really wrecking havoc when things get ugly. 

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

• StarPanda pinned and unpinned this topic