UnevenEdge

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode #45 Discussion!!

7 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

I think I read on the wiki that they're in the category of rail guns. They seem to have basically taken the place of the large scale beam weapon that's usually capable of really wrecking havoc when things get ugly. 

Except, of course, for the fact that Mobile Armors CAN use beam weapons. I wonder if there will be any more of those awakening in this show's final 5 episodes?

On 3/21/2018 at 5:52 PM, DangerMouse said:

I think I read on the wiki that they're in the category of rail guns. They seem to have basically taken the place of the large scale beam weapon that's usually capable of really wrecking havoc when things get ugly. 

I thought rail guns fired energy pulses, not projectiles.  But looks like I'm wrong.  They still seem overpowered to me, though.  And they have a lot of ammo for a weapon that's supposed to be illegal, lol.

23 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Except, of course, for the fact that Mobile Armors CAN use beam weapons. I wonder if there will be any more of those awakening in this show's final 5 episodes?

When that first Mobile Armor appeared I thought they were going to be a major factor in the show.  Like, this was just the beginning and soon others would come back to life.  But, apparently not...

The beam weapons don't even do as much destruction as the lance launcher things.  Granted, the Gundams were designed to withstand the beams, but still.

• Like 2

WELL, to be fair, I just rewatched Episode #44, and it DID kind of hint at that possible outcome. At the end of this episode (#45), Shino failed in his mission to take out Rustal and show Tekkadan and Gundam Bael's power to Gjallarhorn. McGillis' motivation in doing that was to convince the rest of Gjallarhorn to come off the sideline of neutrality and to obey him, Agnika Kaieru, and Bael. But assuming that doesn't work, McGillis may just have to go for broke and bring about the "old order" by somehow setting up an awakening of the Mobile Armors on Earth and using Bael (and Tekkadan's Gundams) to protect Earth from the newly awakened overwhelming threat!

But I guess we'll find out which direction this will go in in just 5 episodes!  For the sake of this series I kinda hope the April Fool's Day stunt waits until 1 AM!

• StarPanda pinned and unpinned this topic
On 3/23/2018 at 1:14 AM, ben0119 said:

When that first Mobile Armor appeared I thought they were going to be a major factor in the show.  Like, this was just the beginning and soon others would come back to life.  But, apparently not...

Me too. I really thought that that Mobile Armor appearance was going to be a bigger game changer in terms of kicking things off in a different direction with a new wild card, and that they'd really return as a major factor.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2018 at 10:16 PM, DangerMouse said:

Me too. I really thought that that Mobile Armor appearance was going to be a bigger game changer in terms of kicking things off in a different direction with a new wild card, and that they'd really return as a major factor.

Yeah, it's kind of disappointing now that I think about it.

Oh. My bad.

I'm still holding out hope that McGillis gets so power-hungry he goes for broke and tries to awaken a butt-load of them on Earth, in order to give Gjallarhorn something to respect him for protecting Earth's citizens from using Gundam Bael.

But I guess we'll see!!