UnevenEdge

Toonami Asia shutting down at the end of the month...

Nobody should be fearful of this regarding our Toonami. It still has new content planned to air through 2021. Maybe you should proofread your posts before you send them. -_-

I never heard much about Toonami Asia, but honestly, it's hard for me to accept than any version of Toonami other than the O.G. could build an audience when exported overseas. You don't have the nostalgia factor that keeps some people tuning in even to this day... everyone would rather play ball with the streaming services. Also, I never hard much about these foreign versions of the block to begin with. This one apparently had a unique block host named Nami, but I never heard anything about them. I guess it never had much unique block content created for it in general, which is arguably half the point of Toonami to begin with.

Edited by Blatch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I'll be honest, this really doesn't mean that much to me.  OUR Toonami is doing well (according to the people running it), and we should have no worries about it going away.  You could even argue that Toonami Asia was really only Toonami in name only, due to it being so different from the one here in the US.

• Like 1

Weeeellll....since a lot of the content they seem to be getting was broadcasted 10+ years ago, can it really be considered surprising?

Also, the layout for that particular block looks very cut-and-paste. Not an interactive experience like ours has with Tom and Sara.

• Like 1