UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 53 Discussion

Just now, mochi said:

again, it wasn't a retcon, she remembers being an old woman, the Gang accidentally wished themselves into children

Where was this mentioned?  The first time we see them in Super, they're already children.

4 minutes ago, Meilag32 said:

Where was this mentioned?  The first time we see them in Super, they're already children.

In a recent episode Bulma said she may be a kid but acts like someone much older, so it's already been alluded to.

5 minutes ago, Meilag32 said:

They're not in the Resurrection F saga.

or the Battle of the Gods one.........I don't recall where they mention it but they DO mention that the Pilaf Gang accidentally de-aged themselves somehow between the Buu Saga and the BOTG saga, it's not a retcon and they're not the Pilag gang's kids, they're the same Pilaf gang as this

latest?cb=20121115184827

edit on that note Bulma should really recodnize Pilaf and Shu....since being de-aged changed absolutely nothing about their appearance

Edited by mochi

4 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

His position makes him think he's tough lol

Did Whis and Beerus say he was strong?  Or maybe Goku thought that because they said his power was like Black's.  Can't remember if Goku heard them say that though.

18 messing with the Trunks was so good.

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Did Whis and Beerus say he was strong?  Or maybe Goku thought that because they said his power was like Black's.  Can't remember if Goku heard them say that though.

Good question, I've got no idea lol

5 hours ago, mochi said:

again, I miss when he canonically had no interest in girls

Are you trying to imply Trunks was gay?  He was just a kid.  As for future Trunks we really didn't get much idea of his sexuality, so it could've been possible, but I always forget about the line where he describes what the androids look like and says that he would call 18 cute if she weren't evil or something along those lines.

Edited by ben0119

10 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Are you trying to imply Trunks was gay?  He was just a kid.  As for future Trunks we really didn't get much idea of his sexuality, so it could've been possible, but I always forget about the line where he describes what the androids look like and says that he would call 18 cute if she weren't evil or something along those lines.

In Dragonball Online he canonically never had a girlfriend and moved in with Goten as an Adult

12 minutes ago, mochi said:

In Dragonball Online he canonically never had a girlfriend and moved in with Goten as an Adult

Don't know what Dragonball Online is, but doesn't sound canon to me.  Ok it's a videogame.  Videogames aren't canon...

As for what you claim happened with Trunks and Goten in the game, links or it didn't happen!

Edited by ben0119

5 hours ago, elfie said:

So King Kai is one of these guys? He DOES NOT look like the others.

They're talking about the Supreme Kais.  You missed the other King Kais if you didn't see the fun Other World Tournament Saga that Dragon Ball Kai cut.  Too many Kais. x_x

latest?cb=20100512200812

Edited by ben0119

5 hours ago, mochi said:

or the Battle of the Gods one.........I don't recall where they mention it but they DO mention that the Pilaf Gang accidentally de-aged themselves somehow between the Buu Saga and the BOTG saga, it's not a retcon and they're not the Pilag gang's kids, they're the same Pilaf gang as this

latest?cb=20121115184827

edit on that note Bulma should really recodnize Pilaf and Shu....since being de-aged changed absolutely nothing about their appearance

Actually it did but it's subtle.  They're both slightly smaller and Pilaf's face is smooth now.

Shu also mentioned how he still feels like an old pup in one episode.  So the fact they used to be old has been referenced many times.

8 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Don't know what Dragonball Online is, but doesn't sound canon to me.  Ok it's a videogame.  Videogames aren't canon...

As for what you claim happened with Trunks and Goten in the game, links or it didn't happen!

at the time DBO came out it was classified as Canon (it was basically a prototype of Xenoverse which is also classified, for some reason, as Canon), but Super retconned all of DBO's events as non-canon