UnevenEdge

Altered Carbon (netflix)

Mix

10 hours ago, Mix said:

Sex and immortality.....there are worse things to center a show around...

4 episodes in and it's sorta wearing thin though...probably could use a few more wrinkles...

from your description alone and my personal experience with Sexy fantasy shows on Netflix I can already predict several Netflix clichee's are present in this show

1. that all the sex scenes are needlessly artsy and weird with people fusing into one person or some shit while they fuck or cutting away to weird psychadellic images with music about satan playing

2. that it has a Gay character....but exclusively shows them engaging in heterosexual sex with the eventual excuse being that immortality made them get bored of sleeping with same sex partners (because According to Netflix that's how sexuality works)

am I completely off or is am I spot on?

Edited by mochi

3 hours ago, mochi said:

from your description alone and my personal experience with Sexy fantasy shows on Netflix I can already predict several Netflix clichee's are present in this show

1. that all the sex scenes are needlessly artsy and weird with people fusing into one person or some shit while they fuck or cutting away to weird psychadellic images with music about satan playing Nope, just a whole lot of full frontal and we're here so we might as well fuck type shit

2. that it has a Gay character....but exclusively shows them engaging in heterosexual sex with the eventual excuse being that immortality made them get bored of sleeping with same sex partners (because According to Netflix that's how sexuality works) I hadn't thought about it till now, but there are multiple races and religions, but not a single gay person in sight....'>.>

am I completely off or is am I spot on?

34 minutes ago, mochi said:

but was I right about the character being gay in theory but not in practice?

nope, he had a loving partner who was helping him prove himself to his dad who thought he was a screw up...

sorry...if it makes you feel any better, you can rail against the lack of any gay sex scenes... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Mix

12 hours ago, Mix said:

nope, he had a loving partner who was helping him prove himself to his dad who thought he was a screw up...

sorry...if it makes you feel any better, you can rail against the lack of any gay sex scenes... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I might actually watch it then

I mostly stopped watching netflix because all the shows on it that everyone applauded for amazing Gay representation did the above thing I mentioned (Introduced a gay character then immediately contradicted said character's verbal confirmation by showing him hook up with a chick)

Edited by mochi