UnevenEdge

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Episode 12, "The Pillar Man" Discussion

3ngag3

Nazi's always seem to create horrible monsters who turn against them in fiction

which is funny cause I'm pretty sure all of Germany was pretty much on board with what they were doing

(it's why Germany is actually ashamed of the Nazi party today)

No, he doesn't.  Get out of the echo chamber.  There's much to be worried about.  But genocide of various groups of people is not going to happen.

the repubs control both houses, and are in full support of him, and the reversal of the Gay rights movement is their ENTIRE plan for their presidency

the repubs control both houses, and are in full support of him, and the reversal of the Gay rights movement is their ENTIRE plan for their presidency

Full support?  You're apparently not up with the news.  He's already causing friction within "his" party. 

And like I said, The Supreme Court would have to reverse their decision, which was made with Scalia on the bench I might add.  So they would have to convince one the 5 who voted for gay rights to now vote against it.  Probably is not going to happen. 

It's been a few weeks since I last checked in so haven't had the chance to throw in my thoughts on Battle Tendency thus far.

Generally, it's just way better. There's a lot more globetrotting (NYC + Mexico in only a few episodes so far), the stakes are getting raised significantly (ancient intelligent superman), and JoJo is actually likeable. Also how about that music? It's a lot more on the electronic side than Phantom Blood's and quite a bit more dynamic.

As someone who is currently reading the 8th JoJo series, I still say that Joseph Joestar is the best JoJo in the series. His personality is the most interesting of any JoJo in the series. Without going too much into spoiler territory, every JoJo is very clever and able to outsmart their opponent in a bind. While Joseph is not the strongest JoJo, he is by far the smartest. The tricks he pulls in this series are the most brilliant of the series. Plus, he's not afraid of playing a little dirty to win. I think the what's been shown so far shows off that much.

Battle Tendency is where the series starts to shine, people. I hope you enjoy!!

Also, Santana. ;) ;) ;)

Name altered for trademark, his name is actually Santana in the original manga/anime, but in the dub it is Santviento

That's just plain stupid! Hell, we even have a baseball player named not only Santana, but CARLOS Santana, the exact same name as the famous guitarist!

Then again, I'm glad one of my favorite musicians DIDN'T get a bad guy named after him in the dub!

he also wants to kill gay people, me losing Obamacare is the least of my problems

Total BS. And worst-case scenario Obamacare will at least make it through 2017 if not 2018 as well!

Who in the hell designed that chamber? Maybe the same idiots who designed the Death Star!?

Finally, I do believe the last battle in which Joseph demonstrated his capabilities of Hamon by using the Nazi general's hair, and fully revealed his identity to Speedwagon was actually a sample of the guitar riff from another Yes song, "Owner of a Lonely Heart!"