UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 49 Discussion

Meilag32

1 minute ago, Meilag32 said:

Well, Vegeta did sort of screw it up.  I'm just stating facts.

he also screwed up in the Cell Saga, whereas in Super he never screws up, random deus ex machinas just prevent him from getting to take credit for any of his battles when he's seconds away from securing victory

basically he gets screwed by everybody around him now rather than him screwing everyone else

is he really here in the past? what hapened to fighting in the future? can he rally just cut through time like that or is he just looking?

honestly, i hope it's the latter. back int eh day, Dragon Ball knew how to ramp up the suspense with a getting prepped arc. i want them to still have to go to the future. pack snacks and gear, pile into the ship and have a heartfelt farewell before embarking on a daring journey.

if not, then the storytelling's just gotten lazy

Just now, ben0119 said:

So I guess Trunks did figure out any higher levels and just beefed up Super Saiyan 2.

Goku Black time travelled?

He had a "time ring," so I guess that's what he used. Not sure how he got it, or where it came from though.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Future trunks hair didn't get any spikier when turning super saiyan 2

But other than that I'm gladtrunks achieved it

Super's art laziness probably.  And he didn't achieve it already when he killed the the Future Androids and Cell?

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I just noticed that too on the West Coast airing!! I wonder what the hell is going on there...?

I have no clue.  Not that the "English" version was much easier to understand. :D

And is the only difference in the animation that part at the end?

19 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Super's art laziness probably.  And he didn't achieve it already when he killed the the Future Androids and Cell?

It bummed me out since super saiyan 2 is my favorite saiyan form.

No trunks achieved the ultra super saiyan form which grants the user bigger muscles so more raw strength but reduced speed agility which perfect cell pointed out to trunks in their fight.it doesn't look like trunks use it to kill all the androids in his time  though but his power level grewed enough to finish them without struggling. You should rewatch those scenes.

4 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

It bummed me out since super saiyan 2 is my favorite saiyan form.

No trunks achieved the ultra super saiyan form which grants the user bigger muscles so more raw strength but reduced speed agility which perfect cell pointed out to trunks in their fight.it doesn't look like trunks use it to kill all the androids in his time  though but his power level grewed enough to finish them without struggling. You should rewatch those scenes.

Yeah same here. D: We probably won't see anything drawn right in Super.

Well Trunks would have been stronger with the "beyond Super Saiyan" level whatever it was called anyway I guess.