UnevenEdge

Lupin The 3rd Part 4 Episode #25 Discussion

Leonardo matching everyone at their game, heh.

But not quite!  Eh?  Zenigata beat Leo by throwing him?

Why not just DESTROY the machine?

Why did Rebecca lose?  Because he stole the ring?  Has she been wearing that ever since the wedding?

They remembered Leonardo was left-handed.  Good.  But he's giving lefties like me a bad name right now!

So...I did the cheap thing and read Wikipedia to find out what happened, and the gist of this episode was:

Leonardo is ready to create his greatest masterpiece, the Armonia del Mondo (World's Harmony), and uses a futuristic device to entrap all the Italians inside the Sogno Italiano, replicating at the same time his consciousness in the mind of every inhabitant of Italy. Inside this dream, he defies every italian to beat him in the thing he's most versed: if the challenger prevails, he'll be able to wake up, or otherwise his/her consciousness will be "reprogrammed" based on Leonardo's one, with the final objective to create a nation of genies with the necessary knowledge to create a new world. Lupin, Jigen, Goemon, Nyx and Zenigata manage to defeat Leonardo, but when he arrives in San Marino Lupin discovers that all the other Italians, starting from Rebecca, have instead failed, and soon they'll reawaken with new personalities. Lupin then uses Leonardo's device to replicate even his own consciousness inside Rebecca's mind, where Lupin and Leonardo fight for control.

WHAT. THE. HELL. I don't understand...

• Like 1

The letter on the door said "Stasera vengo a rapirti".

Google Translate says this is "I'm coming to kidnap you tonight".

But in this case, it's probably actually "I'm coming to save you tonight!"

Will Lupin be successful, or will Rebecca be lost in the twisted maze of Da Vinci's mind?

Find out next week as Lupin the 3rd Part 4 concludes on Toonami!

ON to Shippuden for now!

Man, the Tumblr page is REALLY on point tonight!!!

tumblr_p2gupl70Wo1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

Edited by OwlChemist81

5 minutes ago, elfie said:

What did dat note say? I cannot read Italy-ese.

I took Italian in college during my Freshman year, but the only word I understood was "come" or "coming." Not sure what the other words were, since my brain has a "use it or lose it" policy that makes me forget everything I don't use for a prolonged period of time.

• Like 1

Just now, Gyaos said:

I took Italian in college during my Freshman year, but the only word I understood was "come" or "coming." Not sure what the other words were, since my brain has a "use it or lose it" policy that makes me forget everything I don't use for a prolonged period of time.

All language is use it or lose it.  It's the same with me an Spanishola, unlike English-ese.

Edited by elfie

3 minutes ago, Gyaos said:

I already covered this. It's "I'm coming to kidnap you tonight" or "I'm coming to save you tonight."

Figured that saving Rebecca ended up being the final arc of the show!

DTe6MqzX4AA65Jw.jpg

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I already covered this. It's "I'm coming to kidnap you tonight" or "I'm coming to save you tonight."

Figured that saving Rebecca ended up being the final arc of the show!

[BIG IMAGE]

Oh. Makes sense then.

"Kidnap" was not part of the vocabulary I learned during that class, and probably for a reason.

Edited by Gyaos
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gyaos said:

So...I did the cheap thing and read Wikipedia to find out what happened, and the gist of this episode was:

Reveal hidden contents

Leonardo is ready to create his greatest masterpiece, the Armonia del Mondo (World's Harmony), and uses a futuristic device to entrap all the Italians inside the Sogno Italiano, replicating at the same time his consciousness in the mind of every inhabitant of Italy. Inside this dream, he defies every italian to beat him in the thing he's most versed: if the challenger prevails, he'll be able to wake up, or otherwise his/her consciousness will be "reprogrammed" based on Leonardo's one, with the final objective to create a nation of genies with the necessary knowledge to create a new world. Lupin, Jigen, Goemon, Nyx and Zenigata manage to defeat Leonardo, but when he arrives in San Marino Lupin discovers that all the other Italians, starting from Rebecca, have instead failed, and soon they'll reawaken with new personalities. Lupin then uses Leonardo's device to replicate even his own consciousness inside Rebecca's mind, where Lupin and Leonardo fight for control.

WHAT. THE. HELL. I don't understand...

Yup, my reaction reading the spoiler:

5.-not-bff-edited.gif

Edited by DangerMouse

THIS JUST IN!!!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-16/lupin-iii-5th-anime-series-reveals-staff-april-debut-modern-setting/.126478

Yes, THIS April in Japan. Could history repeat itself with a simuldub of Part 5 replacing Gundam IBO in May as Part 4 replaced Gundam Unicorn last June?

I know Part 4 was kinda lackluster in the ratings, but maybe Part 5 wouldn't be? After all, while Part 4 had a new dub it had been out for a while.

• Confused 1