UnevenEdge

Interviewing while still employed

Swimmod_Luna

So I have 2 interviews next week (Yay!). But both are during work hours. One day I can flex it out and just come in later and leave later, but one I'll have to take personal time for.

For both I'll have to tell my supervisor. Should I be honest or make up a fake doctor appointment?

funeral excuse works

relative going to the er is another

getting the flu is a great one

I already had a plan. I was gonna say I had to take my car in one day and come in late  (which I did today but today is my usual late night so no one knows I had to take it in). The day I was gonna leave early I was going to say I have a dentist appointment.

I have too much shit to do to call off a whole day.

Can a company really fire you for looking for another job? I guess they can set terms in their contracts but seems iffy (legally) to me to fire someone for reasons that have nothing to do with their performance (or other ethical reasons)

A quick search tells me you can sue for being fired for looking for another job

Can a company really fire you for looking for another job? I guess they can set terms in their contracts but seems iffy (legally) to me to fire someone for reasons that have nothing to do with their performance (or other ethical reasons)

A quick search tells me you can sue for being fired for looking for another job

"we're sorry but your position is no longer needed"

i would NEVER tell them i was looking for a new job. that's a good way to get yourself fired. just claim a doctors appointment or something. set up a bogus eye appointment or something so if he calls you on it you can forward him to their office

Don't think the union would like them trying to fire me for that. I'm on a last chance agreement thing that says the union can't represent me if another incident like what happened before occurs, but they can still represent me for anything else.

Don't think he can call me on appointments like that, either.

i would NEVER tell them i was looking for a new job. that's a good way to get yourself fired. just claim a doctors appointment or something. set up a bogus eye appointment or something so if he calls you on it you can forward him to their office

I know someone who's currently looking for another job who has been upfront with his employer that he has interviews he goes to. He says they don't mind.