UnevenEdge

another Vegeta fan Rant about Super **spoilers**

mochi

based on what I've heard about all of the show's arcs up to this point, I can see Toei is sort of trying to throw Vegeta's fans a bone when it comes to giving Vegeta a few decent battles here and there (from what I hear he's basically carrying the whole team in the current arc much like he was in the arc we just left on Toonami up until Hit)

but much like in that arc the final opponent is an invincible marysue who nobody is able to defeat, said character, Jiren, even managed to defeat Hit,

some ep synopsis have leaked spoiling some of Vegeta's future battles and long story short he doesn't manage to defeat Jiren and he uses his full strength trying to do so, which is what ultimately caused him to lose to Hit, using his full power on Cabba

so assuming the same logic holds true, after Vegeta loses to Jiren he's going to start on another losing streak

basically in Super Vegeta is only granted a small handfull of minor villains who he is allowed to defeat but the actual important story progression enemies go to Goku, and even Goku can't beat those enemies half the time, Vegeta is basically just a space filler in super, his fights are fun to watch but aren't really important at all

and on a secondary note, for whatever reason, as they rapidly downplay Vegeta's importance to the team, they're also playing up his heroism and kindness, at this point Vegeta more or less has a more mentally mature but Tsundere version of Goku's old personality from DB and DBZ (namely that he's largely a very sweet man and has a strong sense of Justice, with the exception that he's smart unlike Goku who was always a moron even back when he was likeable), he is also surpassing Piccolo as he series best father

they'e basically making him into a more likeable and heroic character...while cheating fans out of ever getting to see him achieve any kind of greatness or self worth,

for example, Goku has achieved the form Whis was trying to teach them to use already, and it's looking very likely that Vegeta cannot and will not ever actually get that form, meaning Whis's training was absolutely worthless to Vegeta,

Vegeta also trained for 6 years in the Time Chamber prior to the current arc, and made absolutely no visible improvement, he has not gotten ANY stronger nor has he reached any new forms

basically as he becomes a better person he gets weaker and more worthless to the team

whereas Goku is becoming more of a Jerk, and is getting stronger because of it (Goku outright tells 17 he doesn't care about the lives or universe's of any of the other competitors and all he wants is to fight the multiverse's strongest warriors)

Super Seems to be subtly pushing a Dogma that having compassion for others makes you weak and being a heartless blood-knight is what it takes to be a true warrior

which is why I dropped the show

• Like 1

I brainstormed a bit more about the points I made in this thread and made a tumblr post about what kind of changes I would make if I were going to go about making a Super Fancomic

it'd mostly boil down to

1. keeping Vegeta more in character, I would follow the basic plotline for each arc in the same way it was presented in the show but more seriously and I would try to portray Vegeta's behavior concerning Beerus with more dignity, rather than have him make off model faces and dance

2. overhaul a few character designs I feel are....ugly (since art is more my forte then writing anyway)(I've gotten used to Beerus's design but there's still aspects of Whis's I think are ugly), and

3.I would default more to One Piece's writing style, by that I mean rather than have each member of the team take turns fighting and losing to the same enemy until Goku or Vegeta step in and take all the glory, I'd give each member of the team their own set of villians to battle so it doesn't look like the whole team is inept morons who can't defend their planet if there's no Saiyan around

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently Vegeta did get a new form

but it's not as powerful as Goku's new form (not that Goku's new form is doing him any favors since he got his ass kicked when he unlocked it)

his new form is being called "limit breaker" specifically it's stated that he "Broke the Limits" of Super Saiyan Blue

so in effect it's the Blue form of this

latest?cb=20111027043402

y'know that form Goku and Gohan reached where they looked noticeably different than Super Saiyans and could stay that way indefinitely. but claimed they were still technically in Super Saiyan 1

• 3 weeks later...

apparently the new game FighterZ has a sticker collection quest

the only reason I post this here is because almost half of Vegeta's sticker set is stickers of him looking like an Idiot and Goku's sticker set is only him doing cool things

even Yamcha's sticker set only has one humiliating sticker, namely a sticker of his Saibaman Death pose, whereas Toei/Bandai went out of their way to only find screenshots of Vegeta crying (from the Broly movie), or doing various versions of the Bingo Dance

Bulma's sticker set also seems mostly comedic

On 2/1/2018 at 3:35 PM, Jman said:

Clearly the series should have ended with GT, weirdo ending and all.

on that note all the footage I've found of FighterZ(the new game) makes it look like the game should be called "Vegeta is horrible and nobody likes him not even his son or wifeZ"

so some spoilers for the final arc of super, some reassuring as a Vegeta fan,  some expected as someone who realized Vegeta's not the star

the final arc largely consists of a redemption/apology arc for all the characters Super fucked over, such as Gohan, 18, Krillin Piccolo and especially Vegeta

basically the final arc is a multi universe tournament  with ACTUAL high stakes, any universe that loses has their universe completely erased by Grand Zeno and there's no way to wish them back other than that the winner gets to request a single rule free wish from Zeno Vegeta goes into the tournament planning to wish Universe 6 back into existance, Freiza plans to wish to be the absolute god of all the universe, and Goku straight up doesn't want to wish for anything and intends to give his wish to Gohan, Goten or Chichi

that said, Vegeta is the one getting the most...lets call it redemption

his battles in the final arc from what I hear, seem to be the like culmination of his character growth stuff in the past(In the past in super his "character growth" consisted of the show humiliating him by making him do things like bend over backwards for Beerus and suck a binky) , namely as of this final arc of super, he is an actual hero, moreso than Goku, he's fighting to protect the people he loves and cares about and for no other reason, he doesn't even care about being stronger than Goku, he just wants to protect universe 7 and wants to see Cabba grow and achive greatness, he even has a really sweet scene where he saves Roshi's life,

AND Vegeta gets to beat the (technically, I'll explain later) Strongest fighter of Universe 11, BUT it's been confirmed now that taking that fighter out, doomed him, since he's now exhausted all his power and has been confirmed to be going to get eliminated in his next battle

Universe 11's two strongest warriors are "Toppo" and "Jiren" when Jiren was revealed he was stated to be Universe 11's strongest fighter....and Toppo was stated to be the second strongest.....but then later they reveal that Toppo is actually technically stronger since he has better control over his power, and better and more mature judgement and that HE is the candidate to be his universe's next Destroyer God while Jiren is his understudy, (note based on this fact some fans believe that Vegeta is universe 7's candidate for Beerus's replacement as he and Toppo are sort of like counterparts of eachother, while Goku and Jiren also are)

basically without putting too fine a point on it Goku and Vegeta lose to Jiren several times (the tournament is free for all, your opponent can subdue you then make an escape without knocking you out) but their losses to Jiren keep making them stronger, culminating in Goku mastering "Ultra Instinct" (the form Whis was trying to teach them) and Vegeta mastering an as yet unnamed form that soooort of seems like Ultra instinct but could also just be Super Saiyan Blue 2, Vegeta ends up beating Toppo with his new form, but, it's been confirmed he's gonna lose to Jiren in their next fight with him due to exhaustion from the fight with Toppo, and be eliminated while Goku Knocks Jiren out and wins it all, which of course means Vegeta won't get to make his wish and resurrect Cabba...which sucks

3 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Hide contents

I'll be disappointed if Goku doesn't use the free wish to finally bring King Kai back to life.

I don't think King Kai minds being dead he lives right outside of Heaven he probably doesn't even notice a difference

also I'm mostly just pissed off that unless Goku decides that the wish should go to someone with a selfless wish and gives the wish to Vegeta, Cabba is dead forever now, since Vegeta was the only one who wanted to revive any of the erased universes