UnevenEdge

Is there anything to look forward to before spring?

InsaneFox

It may be just me, but the upcoming Winter anime season seems to be as generic as it gets.

I’m having a hard time getting motivated about any new content coming out.

Perhaps I’m overlooking some solid gems?

What, if anything, is pumping you up this season? Or is it all truly just garbage?

I'm looking forward to Fate/Extra and Devilman Crybaby.

Fate because, despite my general disinterest in the franchise with Zero as the solo exception, a combination of the source material supposedly being apeshit and the adaption being by Shaft gives me hope that even if the story ends up being as much of a pile of barf as most Fate series, it should still be fun to watch. And it could, theoretically, be an actually good show.

Devilman Crybaby because it's directed by Yuasa Masaaki [Tatami Galaxy, Kaiba,  and Ping-Pong the Animation being the most well known stuff he's done, all of which are great], so I expect good things.

Weirdly, never cared for Devilman either. So basically the only things I'm excited for are from franchises I don't have any interest in or often duslike.

So, fun times to be had?

Edited by naraku360

8 hours ago, naraku360 said:

I'm looking forward to Fate/Extra and Devilman Crybaby.

Fate because, despite my general disinterest in the franchise with Zero as the solo exception, a combination of the source material supposedly being apeshit and the adaption being by Shaft gives me hope that even if the story ends up being as much of a pile of barf as most Fate series, it should still be fun to watch. And it could, theoretically, be an actually good show.

Devilman Crybaby because it's directed by Yuasa Masaaki [Tatami Galaxy, Kaiba,  and Ping-Pong the Animation being the most well known stuff he's done, all of which are great], so I expect good things.

Weirdly, never cared for Devilman either. So basically the only things I'm excited for are from franchises I don't have any interest in or often duslike.

So, fun times to be had?

Fate is hit or miss with me. I can’t wait for Fate/Heaven’s Feel, and I hope they adapt Fate/ Strange Fake.

But for every good fate anime there are like 3 bad ones, and I count Extra on that list.

2 hours ago, InsaneFox said:

Fate is hit or miss with me. I can’t wait for Fate/Heaven’s Feel, and I hope they adapt Fate/ Strange Fake.

But for every good fate anime there are like 3 bad ones, and I count Extra on that list.

I'm not too interested in Heaven's Feel since everything in staynight is so dumb and I'm not expecting any different from Heaven's Feel.