UnevenEdge

We Know The Forum Is Slow Sometimes

K_N

Here's the deal:

As far as decent forum software goes, there's not a lot that's actively developed anymore. SMF kinda sucks, but it kinda sucks the least.

One of the problems it has, is scaling issues - meaning the more people using it, the slower it gets. Until they update it to be usable with the newest version of PHP (the programming language it's made in) it's pretty taxing on a server.

All I can do to mitigate the speed is throw more money at it and give us more RAM/CPU speed.

Well during the Toonami Block Discussions, Server Crashed again, again, not enough bandwidth to handle that load, time to "Throw Money" and increase that again.

you know that sounded very rude even if it wasn't meant to be

since K_N is the one paying shouldn't we as the community be helping with the costs of maintaining it instead of throwing that burden onto him?

you know that sounded very rude even if it wasn't meant to be

since K_N is the one paying shouldn't we as the community be helping with the costs of maintaining it instead of throwing that burden onto him?

actually Zintar was going to chip in a tiny bit to tide us over til a couple weeks from now when I could scrape together enough to cover it. 

but basically, in most aspects, we'll be continuing to grow and improve.  Hopefully fast enough to suit people.  but if not, I'm doing pretty much all I can to facilitate things happening as quickly as I can.  And I have a lot of deficits in terms of knowledge etc that's slowing us down. 

Also, like if I was JUST focusing on the creative stuff I want to do with the board, that would be a full time deal.  As things are, I haven't even cracked that stuff yet because I have ever expanding lists of stuff I have to deal with on the technical and maintenance side.  Which is sort of to be expected during the starting up of a new place, and then a transition to new software.  And then the ASMB shutting down kind of derailed me a little more even beyond that.

But I'm hoping to move beyond this phase so I can get into the creative end and sort of opening up on the open road with some of those elements of the UE idea.

Not sure how long it'll take.

Guest The Hound

Server was offline for about 12 minutes moments ago from CloudFlare with an Error 524 and 500 Internal Server Error, might as well get money from us if you are to increase the Bandwidth on here.

It'll all be solved soon.

Well the Toonami Section triggered the crash as usual because of the episode discussions are going on right now, CloudFlare seems to be to blame for not having proper bandwidth when it comes to this type of load, Luuv and his Pal may need to pay more or Change Hosts off of CloudFlare to avoid this.

Cloudflare is not our host.

Bandwidth issues again, the server just crashed and again Cloudflare tried to connect to this server and it failed again, some how any fixes you make is not working unless you go to a server that is more stable and has bandwidth again, Luuv, you need to look at other options to this issue.

Agreed.  This is a dump of a server.  I been on small-time sites in the past that didn't crash with this small amount of people. 

Toonami is either crashing or in Lag Hell constantly.  Every.  Single.  Weekend.