UnevenEdge

The worst part about applying for jobs

Swimmod_Luna

Is when u upload ur resume. And then have to type everything that's on ur resume into their form. Like, why even upload my resume if I have to type all this shit anyway. It's not bad when they can auto-fill most stuff, but then sometimes it doesn't auto-fill anything or the auto-fill is so bad I have to edit everything or enter everything anyway.

Half the time I just don't bother at that point but I'm trying to keep really active in my job search (my goal is 10 applications a week) so at some point I'm gonna run out of options.

No, the worst part is waiting for some kind of response.  3 months after applying a bunch of places, I got hired.  6 months after that, the first place I applied said they weren't hiring, but would keep my resume on file.

No, the worst part is waiting for some kind of response.  3 months after applying a bunch of places, I got hired.  6 months after that, the first place I applied said they weren't hiring, but would keep my resume on file.

That's true too. I guess I've been pretty lucky. For my first "real" job out of college (current job), I was hired about a month after I started looking. I got an e-mail for some other place I applied to at around the same time a few months back. A year after I applied to it.