UnevenEdge

Teen Titans getting a live action show in 2018, filming starting soon.

Sandstone

I am bringing this up here, as I know it is where many Teen Titans fans hang out, I've seen it mentioned here more times then I can count. So just thought I'd bring it up for fans of the show to enjoy.

For those of you who have not heard, Teen Titans is getting a live action show, the main cast has been selected and filming is supposed to start soon. The show will be the flagship show for DC's new streaming service where they will be debuting other live-action comic titles that they can not get aired on television primarily due to a lack of sufficient primetime blocks to air such shows. The most recent and prominent example of the block issue was found in NBC's Arrowverse iteration of Constantine. I really hope they make a return of that show after this. Titans will debut in 2018 though specific date is not set as far as I know, I am betting their service will be launched towards the end of spring 2018 or early summer 2018. The main cast of characters that will constitute this iteration of the Titans will be (this is just at the start of season 1 other possibilities for future seasons not confirmed):

Nightwing

* Nightwing is Dick Grayson who was also the original Robin sidekick to Batman

* Nightwing will be the team leader for this version of the Titans and will reportedly bring the team together

* Played by Brenton Thwaites

* Thwaites is best known for his roles as Prince Philip from Maleficent, Jonas from The Giver, Bek from Gods of Egypt, and Henry Turner from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell no Tales

* Thwaites is an Australian born actor

* IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4154798/

Beast Boy

* Played by Ryan Potter

* Potter is best known as voice of Hero from Big Hero 6, and Nickelodeon's Supah Ninjas

* Potter is a Half Asian/Half Jewish American actor and experienced martial artist

* IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3994407/

Starfire

* Played by Anna Diop

* Diop is best known for her roles as Rose Arvale in The Messengers, Isabel on Greenleaf, and Nicole Carter on 24: Legacy

* Diop is a naturalized first generation American immigrant actress originally born in Dakar, Senegal and immigrated to America at age 6

* IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2993012/

Raven

* Played by Teagan Croft

* Croft is best known for last year's scifi film Osiris Child

* Croft is a new an up-and-coming child actress and the youngest of the main cast at 13

* IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm7509279/

Supporting and Recurring cast will notably include the young superhero duo Hawk and Dove played by Alan Ritchson and Minka Kelly respectively as well as Amy Rohrbach a prominent police detective in DC comics played by Lindsey Gort

It is currently unknown whether or not the show will take place in the Arrowverse continuity like the CW shows Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl as of yet. It is worthy to note given Keiynan Lonsdale's version of Wally West's departure from the main cast on The Flash this season that Kid Flash could potentially join the team as well if it were in the same universe (this is not confirmed and speculation). As well if this show does take place in Arrowverse it could potentially see the return of Colton Haynes' version of Roy Harper (Speedy/Arsenal). Haynes Left the cast of Arrow in Season 4 after coming out as gay. The show could also utilize the already introduced version of Slade Wilson seen on Arrow, since he is generally the Titan's archnemisis for a good portion of the comics.

I saw the casting choices.

It looks like a dumpster fire.

I wouldn't go that far, I actually like the boy they got to play Beast Boy a lot. Starfire is really questionable though, not because of the ehtnicity but mainly because she looks way way too old compared to the other 3.

I wouldn't go that far, I actually like the boy they got to play Beast Boy a lot. Starfire is really questionable though, not because of the ehtnicity but mainly because she looks way way too old compared to the other 3.

This is what Starfire looks like in the Comics

latest?cb=20130131055242

so I'm sure the casting choice is fine

This is what Starfire looks like in the Comics

latest?cb=20130131055242

so I'm sure the casting choice is fine

Depends on what they do with her in terms of make up and costume, and I seriously doubt anything that scantily clad from a comic is ever getting on TV, you wont even find anything that sexy in Movies.

Fans be like:*dick in hand, locked-and-loaded*

*puts dick away*

:(

You could always wait for her. lmfao xD

I was a bit disappointed myself, Raven was the youngest member of Titans in the comics but she was older than 13 if I'm not mistaken. I think they probably cast her because they expect the show to last for many seasons. They are looking for one of those "matures in front of the camera" type deals I think ala Carl from Walking Dead. That is unusual these days though, most teen roles are filled by actors at least over 18 that just happen to look slightly younger. Although, from what I've heard the fanbase seems to think she looks older than her actual age, that is likely excessive makeup and Hollywood to blame for that.

the actor playing Beastboy is really fucking cute Oh my god

Yes, that was my thought exactly, he is super cute. And a martial artist? Plus I already know he has a nice voice, judging from his vocal work in Big Hero 6, though he was portraying a younger character there. :P

Not to mention, alot of his pictures he's smirking rather prominently, it kind of reminds me of Beast Boy's personality. I have high hopes for that portrayal.

He's also 22 currently, though he looks 18, might just be more Hollywood magic. He is very pretty though.

mochi[/member]

Interestingly enough, you might be interested to know, he played the Grandson character in Super Ninjas apparently working with gay icon George Takei who played his grandfather...

He's also 22 currently, though he looks 18, might just be more Hollywood magic. He is very pretty though.

mochi[/member]

Interestingly enough, you might be interested to know, he played the Grandson character in Super Ninjas apparently working with gay icon George Takei who played his grandfather...

he's also a gay rights activist according to his wikipedia page

not necessarily gay himself but he supports gay rights which is nice :)