UnevenEdge

Thanks, Nate. You screwed up all my recordings!

Somehow all of my recordings from this weekend cut off the first 3 or so minutes of every show, despite the fact that I was able to watch them unimpeded live. Does anyone else have any such weird problems with DirecTV?

Thanks, Nate.  |:: ohno shithead

Edit: Hunter x Hunter was the last show to get screwed up like this. Lupin recorded correctly.

Edit: I was wrong. Shippuden was also screwed up. But I think I got all of Outlaw Star at least.

Oddly enough, even though they recorded in HD, the HD logo is strangely missing.

So that makes it so far:

Unwatchable: Dragon Ball Super (11 PM)

Screwed up but watchable: JoJo; Gundam IBO; Hunter x Hunter; Shippuden

Intact: Lupin the 3rd; Outlaw Star; Dragon Ball Super (8:30 PM)

Unknown: DBZ Kai; Bebop

Unrecorded: AOT

Weird thing on my end, ever since Irma (where we never lost power) my neighborhood is getting these random quick power outages. Last week, several of my Toonami recordings were screwed up because everytime the power goes out it takes my box like 10 minutes to reset. So when I went back and watched the recordings, the shows would randomly skip 10 minutes ahead without warning. Like in Aot, they were in Conny's village and then all of a sudden, they were doing Ymir's flashback.

I get the feeling i'll get a 2nd chance to record those episodes of JoJo and Gundam later this year: JoJo will likely get the Saturday before Halloween marathon, while Gundam will likely get one of the two Christmas/New Year's holiday marathons, though nothing's official yet.

JoJo's marathon, if it gets 10/28, would have the 10/7 episode 3rd-to-last, while any December marathon that features Gundam IBO Season 2 would go back to the first episode for sure, unless somehow Toonami were to contract to less than 8 episodes. But as 9-10 episodes would likely be out by then, I'd say IF Gundam IBO gets that Christmas marathon, it's gonna go back to the beginning.

Just for the record, I'm thinking Lupin the 3rd probably won't get a marathon, but Outlaw Star probably will. I'm thinking November 25th for Thanksgiving weekend, and going back 9-10 episodes, though I suppose Outlaw Star COULD get the Halloween marathon, as it will have 9 episodes out by then. I just don't see it as likely, and JoJo will probably get it. The real question is, if Outlaw Star does get the Thanksgiving weekend Marathon, does it do like the first Attack on Titan marathon in 2014 and the Hunter x Hunter marathon in 2016 and go back to the beginning instead of back a certain number of episodes?

Granted, last year it was business-as-usual on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but this year we already know we'll get an extra-long episode of Lockdown, this year's TIE, so it's almost certain that marathon will air on that date.

I get the feeling i'll get a 2nd chance to record those episodes of JoJo and Gundam later this year: JoJo will likely get the Saturday before Halloween marathon, while Gundam will likely get one of the two Christmas/New Year's holiday marathons, though nothing's official yet.

JoJo's marathon, if it gets 10/28, would have the 10/7 episode 3rd-to-last, while any December marathon that features Gundam IBO Season 2 would go back to the first episode for sure, unless somehow Toonami were to contract to less than 8 episodes. But as 9-10 episodes would likely be out by then, I'd say IF Gundam IBO gets that Christmas marathon, it's gonna go back to the beginning.

Just for the record, I'm thinking Lupin the 3rd probably won't get a marathon, but Outlaw Star probably will. I'm thinking November 25th for Thanksgiving weekend, and going back 9-10 episodes, though I suppose Outlaw Star COULD get the Halloween marathon, as it will have 9 episodes out by then. I just don't see it as likely, and JoJo will probably get it. The real question is, if Outlaw Star does get the Thanksgiving weekend Marathon, does it do like the first Attack on Titan marathon in 2014 and the Hunter x Hunter marathon in 2016 and go back to the beginning instead of back a certain number of episodes?

Granted, last year it was business-as-usual on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but this year we already know we'll get an extra-long episode of Lockdown, this year's TIE, so it's almost certain that marathon will air on that date.

I’d imagine there will more likely be the regular line up on Thanksgiving in order to make sure people tune in to the end of Countdown!

But the regular lineup would probably be too restrictive for a 6-minute TIE to air at the top of the block. It's the main reason why longer videos usually happen during marathons: for some reason, they are able to take less time than a normal lineup.

Especially something like Outlaw Star which is older and might have a shorter runtime.

Hmmm, so probably not Outlaw Star unless they just play one episode less for 11/25, then.

Normal lineup KINDA worked last year. But this will be a double-length TIE (why not just expand it to 5 episodes and go through Dec. 2nd?), so the first episode of the night (Dragon Ball Super) would get a REALLY wonky start time. Or it would just air instead of the commercial break, and the next commercial break would also be truncated or outright omitted, with just a "Countdown is sponsored by..." bump! But then again, I know Intruder 2 had "The Real Cost" as its title sponsor, but I don't believe Intruder 3 actually had a title sponsor!

So many unanswered questions here...