Hunter X Hunter season 4 ep 8 Discussion

mochi

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude I known that for years. :)

it's probably just because my whole family is from new york but I have a lot of respect for new york voice actors, and I'm kinda sad all NY voice acting died with 4kids

I'm glad 4kid's actors found work with better companies

it's probably just because my whole family is from new york but I have a lot of respect for new york voice actors, and I'm kinda sad all NY voice acting died with 4kids

For me it's because I worked on and off in the industry, and keep tabs on some of them.

It's just too bad that a good voice actor doesn't equal a good anime father

Gon's dad is probably one of the worst in anime lol, but it's by design I think. And I think it is interesting cause it is a plot element that is not necessarily just a hurdle to Gon, but rather something that he just wants to understand and move past. The whole anime is an adventure coming of age story in essence.

It's not dead anymore though fortunately, NYAV Post is making a comeback as a real dubbing studio. And they actually get the best of both since they seem happy to do bi-coastal dubs with both NY actors and LA ones.

Occasionally even some TX ones I think (though that might just be while they are visiting LA or something like some of the LA ones visit TX for Funi).

Yup, it's great that we get to hear some of those good actors given a real chance.

It's not dead anymore though, NYAV Post is making a comeback as a real dubbing studio. And they actually get the best of both since they seem happy to do bi-coastal dubs with both NY actors and LA ones.

Yup, it's great that we get to hear some of those good actors given a real chance.

NYAV Post is successfull because they ARE in more than one state.  NY can no longer sustain a healthy industry.

Elfie if you were a 4Kids voice actor I would own all your anime dvds, even the rare out of print ones  <3

Happy to hear that.  Would that also apply to shows I animated on?  I worked on shows that were in SOME way connected to 4Kids, yet were not 4Kids shows.  Some of them weren't even associated with them despite being made in NY.  We did use NYAV Post for a lot of them.

Happy to hear that.  Would that also apply to shows I animated on?  I worked on shows that were in SOME way connected to 4Kids, yet were not 4Kids shows.  Some of them weren't even associated with them despite being made in NY.  We did use NYAV Post for a lot of them.

I'm genuinely curious what shows you did animation for

4kids did produce and/or fund a few projects that weren't anime dubs, including but not limited to one of the TMNT cartoons and "Chaotic" (which if I remember started in flash then moved to (very well done) Animesque high quality animation in later seasons)