UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden season 8 ep 22 discussion

mochi

Why is this discussion so dead? JoJo almost made it to 20?

Maybe because if this were on Toonami in 2013, we'd care about it, but in 2017, it kinda feels too little too late?

But I like what the pain arc has been so far so that can't be it...

because Naruto is complete crap and nobody wants to watch it

How were they able to capture Konan?

Danzo you piece of shit.

Why don't you use your Rinnegan hax to waste them all?

See now why didn't you do this before?

So... that... thing... is why Pain is in that condition?  Some sort of Shang Tsung power?  Whatever it is has obviously taken a toll on him.

It was ok, and I watched it pretty consistently skipping the filler arcs. Until they got towards the ending, which started out very awesome, then they did a bunch of annoying shit and added like 50+ episodes of filler at the end (even though the Naruto manga was finished at this point and they didn't need to) before finally deciding to finish the damn show. By that everyone had given up on it. To be honest looking back it was just "ok" and had decent or good action in part. Many of the plot elements and character development in the show are terrible and unrealistic.

It is pretty much the only mainstream big anime I can think of that does stuff like repeat random characters that you're obviously supposed to care about dieing because they had no development beforehand, every major character has a sob backstory to justify every bad action that they do or at least make you supposedly sympathetic to them, lots of filler that adds no redeeming value and inserted in HUGE fucking chunks for no apparent reason, and my main fucking gripe is that all of these fucking primary antagonists in this show whenever their part is over one of two things happens they either die having "seen the light" and are thus supposed to be seen as not such bad guys but rather as tragic remorseful people, or they become allies even though they did fucking nothing to deserve the excuse.

I'm just salty that I put up with a lot of the above while they also did the bad filler crammed ending. /rant sorry

Mind you that I haven't watched Toonami that much, but I know that One Piece was cancelled which was a far far superior show to Naruto and what is worse is that Naruto is very close in length to the current length of One Piece.... I really don't understand why this shit got to stay and you guys were denied One Piece right before one of the best sagas in the entire series.

It's no wonder that Toonami has big problems sometimes (at least from what I hear) with consistent ratings if they are airing shit like this and Tokyo Ghoul in earlier slots.