UnevenEdge

The Kingkiller Chronicles, Name of the Wind, Wisemans Fear

The Kingkiller Chronicle is a fantasy trilogy by Patrick Rothfuss, telling the autobiography of Kvothe,[1] an adventurer and famous musician. The first two books, The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear were released in 2007 and 2011, respectively.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kingkiller_Chronicle

Easily one of my favorite book series of all times.  The 3rd book has been teased for years now and Im still patiently waiting. 

Anyone else love this series?

I love it!

There's so many fine details that provide layers and layers to the story, but are hidden in plain sight.

Ive re-read both books so many times I cant count and each time theres something else in there that catches my eye.

So many different things keep poping up and Ive got so many questions. 

Really hope the 3rd book can deliver.  Thats why im not so worried that its taking so long.  PR wants it to be perfect.

• Like 1

I haven't reread them, but I really need to as I'm sure there's a lot I've missed. I haven't read the story about the girl in the tunnels, i forget her name... Have your read it?

I don't mind waiting for new books, there are so many available to read in the meantime. :D

Yeah, got into it via my brother in law

Haven't read Auri's book yet either, he has a copy but I haven't gotten around to it, reading other stuff atm

The friend who introduced me to the series has Auri's book, but refuses to read it until the 3rd book is released.

I would like to see how his story concludes, but haven't reread them since the second first came out. I think I borrowed the first book, and got the second as an eBook.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Patrick Rothfuss is one of my favorite writers.  There's actually another book, a novella I guess you would call it, featuring Auri, the little girl Kvothe befriends, who lives down in the the underground at the university.  It's ok, but I'd rather see the next Kingkiller novel.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Dude, I love Rothfuss.  One of  the best fiction writers I've ever encountered.  He's better than Goodkind, better than almost all the other fantasy writers.  I'm waiting for the next book, also, but I sure as fuck ain't being patient.

Theres another book out by him, by the way, it's a novella about Auri, and I just looked on Wiki, it says GRRM and someone wrote a novelly about Bast, and I think one more.

• 5 weeks later...

Goodkind did an amazing job with the first 3 to 4 SOT books, but god did they get dull when they turned into libertarian essay collections. And i enjoy reading good essays. 

Rothfuss is all around better. Hands down. Goodkind introduced me to fantady, but Rothfuss is amazing.