UnevenEdge

8pm Super may now be a rerun of previous week starting this Saturday!

not sure why the subreddit has that "is not a foolproof source" thing every time that site is linked to. it's literally a mirror of the site schedule. there is no better source. it's so aggravating seeing that.

this is exciting news

I'm curious if there were people who only watched at 8 that won't find the 11:30, assume there's just a rerun this week, and then come back to 8 the following week for their "new episode".

I think that will be a slight minority. Also, they'll probably start running topicals for the 11:30 during/after the 8 this week. All in all this is a smart move, which BTW the "official" schedule corroborates:

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/schedule

My on-screen guide does not, however, but I'm recording the 11:30 this week anyway because I feel the one on the AS website is more accurate.

If I took a wild guess as to "why now?" All I can think is SDCC and the fact that they want better ratings for JoJo Part 3 as compared to AOT S2.

Plus as long as the show airs at 8 for kids to see, does it matter if it's a premiere?

Now we'll know whether or not it was the two airings or do people just not like this show!

All they have to do now is put American Dad in place of one of the Ricks and Venture and we're all set!

It's not going to help right away for sure. Only a few 8:00 viewers will catch on at first and make the switch right away.

I believe the next thing to change will be one of the rick and Morty's. After encoding the double premiere, they should just stick to encoring Sunday's new episode instead of rerunning more episodes from seasons 1/2.

After this run hopefully they'll rest Jack. It's also possible that we lose 8:00 in September/October.

Lastly, they should replace Venture Brothes or put it earlier since it's hurting Family Guy, which hurts Toonami.

It's not going to help right away for sure. Only a few 8:00 viewers will catch on at first and make the switch right away.

I believe the next thing to change will be one of the rick and Morty's. After encoding the double premiere, they should just stick to encoring Sunday's new episode instead of rerunning more episodes from seasons 1/2.

After this run hopefully they'll rest Jack. It's also possible that we lose 8:00 in September/October.

Lastly, they should replace Venture Brothes or put it earlier since it's hurting Family Guy, which hurts Toonami.

Already in the works. Starting August 5th, both R&Ms are from S3!