even more annoying than what a wuss Vegeta is

is how much Mai's redesign makes her look like Chichi

this is what Mai looked like in Dragonball

tumblr_inline_otalgjkrFn1uocxn7_540.png

this is Chichi

latest?cb=20120822222157

and this is what Mai looks like now

dragonball_kid_mai_lineart_farbig_by_wallpaperzero-db8kkak.png

is there some rule now that Bulma and 18 are the only women in the whole Dragonball Franchise who get to look different than Chichi?

and before anyone asks, no, it's not just because the artstyle changed, because Chichi's had the same face the entire time

latest?cb=20130209201132

Toriyama has that issue where he can only draw a certain amount of faces and reuses them constantly.

maybe so, but Mai's old face is similar to 18's, her new face is straight up Chichi's face

does he not have a design for a child version of 18's face?

edit: in fact make-up aside, Mai's old face IS 18's face

tumblr_m85o52easN1qctc81o1_500.png

Of course, and I've always had a bit of a fundamental revulsion to his basic sameface pattern.  Which sucks, because when you look at characters like Frog and Robo from Chrono Trigger, it's clear the guy can do some really awesome non-humanoid work.

Of course, and I've always had a bit of a fundamental revulsion to his basic sameface pattern.  Which sucks, because when you look at characters like Frog and Robo from Chrono Trigger, it's clear the guy can do some really awesome non-humanoid work.

Toriyama is a better artist than he allows himself to be

he's just an extremely lazy character designer

I dunno, I like his character designs.  And there's only so many faces you can draw in general.  That's the whole reason anime characters have unusual hairstyles and hair colors.  It was done to set them apart from each other more.

Either way, not sure why you care what Mai looks like, since she's barely in the show.  It's also conceivable she looked like this when she was a child.  The one I get a kick out of is Marron, who looks like Krillin as a small child, but at some point starts to look like 18 as she gets older. :D

25th-World-Martial-Arts-Tournament-Screencaps-dragon-ball-females-31562894-500-282.png

44000edc97a713a09f0c1451166e5ce6.png

350?cb=20091210132243

No, but the middle picture is from the time skip at the end of DBZ, so yeah, she will start to look like that when she gets older.  Still not sure how this time skip figures in with Super though.

actually, looking at older Marron now

she still has Krillin's eyes, she just has a nose when she gets older

actually, looking at older Marron now

she still has Krillin's eyes, she just has a nose when she gets older

You talking about later in Super or something?  Depends on if she's as old as she was at the end of DBZ.  They're might be a mid-way part of the transformation. :P