UnevenEdge

Heard of "The Reflection" project yet?

OwlChemist81

I heard it's Stan Lee's most recent foray into anime. Looks pretty cool, but I'm hoping it's better than Heroman.

OnR87zD.jpg

Ah, good old Stan "Gay and Black people can't be superheroes"  Lee ::]::

to elaborate when the Miles Morales version of Spiderman came out Stan lee voiced his displeasure at them making Spiderman black and made similar comments about gay superheroes

I'm surprised Mochi hasn't dropped Ultimo into this yet.

Didn't Stan Lee (and Shonen Jump) Distance himself from that series after the Gay rape scene? :|

edit: I'm not kidding btw,

this character338px-Kodaira_Rune_9284.png

(who is a boy btw) tries to rape the protagonist in issue 21

prior to that scene it was called "STAN LEE'S ULTIMO" after the rape scene it became known as "Ultimo" and Shonen Jump dropped it

Ah, good old Stan "Gay and Black people can't be superheroes"  Lee ::]::

to elaborate when the Miles Morales version of Spiderman came out Stan lee voiced his displeasure at them making Spiderman black and made similar comments about gay superheroes

He actually said that Spiderman can be any race or sexuality because the identity is the suit and Miles happens to wear the suit, but Peter Parker, in particular, should only be white and straight.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/25/peter-parker-aka-spider-man-should-be-straight-and-white-says-co-creator-stan-lee/?utm_term=.f904a090835f

His comments got misconstrued to mean that he's against everything, but his idea is that the characters should be their established identities, and new heroes who are gay or different races should be created instead of making Logan, Peter, or Bruce a different race or sexuality. Imagine if Miles didn't exist and instead it was mixed-race Peter; then it just undermines the existence of a black Spiderman when everyone still identifies the real Peter is white.

It's also why Miles, Iron Heart, She Hulk, the John Stewart Green Lantern, and Spider Gwen have more recognition than gay Logan, black Human Torch. Nick Fury is the only exception to this, but I don't think the guy that helped make Storm and Black Panther, and gave the thumbs up to many gay superheroes has a deep seated resentment for people who aren't white and straight

He actually said that Spiderman can be any race or sexuality because the identity is the suit and Miles happens to wear the suit, but Peter Parker, in particular, should only be white and straight.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/25/peter-parker-aka-spider-man-should-be-straight-and-white-says-co-creator-stan-lee/?utm_term=.f904a090835f

His comments got misconstrued to mean that he's against everything, but his idea is that the characters should be their established identities, and new heroes who are gay or different races should be created instead of making Logan, Peter, or Bruce a different race or sexuality. Imagine if Miles didn't exist and instead it was mixed-race Peter; then it just undermines the existence of a black Spiderman when everyone still identifies the real Peter is white.

It's also why Miles, Iron Heart, She Hulk, the John Stewart Green Lantern, and Spider Gwen have more recognition than gay Logan, black Human Torch. Nick Fury is the only exception to this, but I don't think the guy that helped make Storm and Black Panther, and gave the thumbs up to many gay superheroes has a deep seated resentment for people who aren't white and straight

Ah, I stand corrected