UnevenEdge

is the Gay stuff in Gundam new or was it always there? **spoilers**

mochi

in Unicorn we had that evil Albino gay boy who was in love with "Not-Char", who I assumed was dead (because they fucking showed him get vaporized) but then he turned out to be alive in the final episode and I was so thrilled

and apparently there's a character in IBO who is gay,

297497.jpg

who also survives to the end of the series (his crush/arguable love interest doesn't but his crush/love interest was both too old for him and confirmed to be straight, so there wasn't ever really a chance for them to be together anyway)

I find it notable that the second character lives....

because he's the ONE OF THE ONLY ONES that does

IBO has an everyone dies ending....but he lives tumblr_onrx1trXWl1uom3l2o1_1280.png

so my question is......were there other gay gundam characters before these two?, because I'd never noticed any before these two shows

I'm pretty sure Tieria Erde from Gundam 00 was at the very least bisexual.

I remember him being the most torn up over Lockon's death at the end of season 1. His crying stuck with me more than Setsuna's Big No or the fact that the Haros were mourning him too.

* Guin Lineford from Turn A Gundam. ah, I never watched Turn A

* There's alot of speculation about Trowa and Quatre from Gundam Wing. in their case I go by the rule that it isn't gay unless the producers confirm it, Wing was the "Free!" of the Gundam franchise

* 00 had Ribbons and Alejandro in a sexual relationship. Then there's Tieria. I don't remember much about 00, nor do I even recall if I ever saw it in the first place, so I can't make a judgement

so basically it's not new....it's just not one of the main themes found in every Gundam series

in Unicorn we had that evil Albino gay boy who was in love with "Not-Char", who I assumed was dead (because they fucking showed him get vaporized) but then he turned out to be alive in the final episode and I was so thrilled

and apparently there's a character in IBO who is gay,

297497.jpg

who also survives to the end of the series (his crush/arguable love interest doesn't but his crush/love interest was both too old for him and confirmed to be straight, so there wasn't ever really a chance for them to be together anyway)

I find it notable that the second character lives....

because he's the ONE OF THE ONLY ONES that does

IBO has an everyone dies ending....but he lives tumblr_onrx1trXWl1uom3l2o1_1280.png

so my question is......were there other gay gundam characters before these two?, because I'd never noticed any before these two shows

I do not remember either character at all.