UnevenEdge

FLCL 2 AND 3 TRAILER

Atomsk_

I'm following the thread on /a/ and I'm actually really worried now.

Anon says:

"Just checked Anidb for what other anime the staff has worked on. All the staff members are B or C-listers from Gainax/Khara/Trigger and Production I.G. Sadamoto is only credited as original character designer (I'm imagining for the cameos and mainly Haruko) and Tsurumaki is a non-descript "superviser" (probably just gave them some details about what they did here and there, basically no creative role).

Just check this shit out. Directors for each individual episode for FLCL2 --

Arai Kazuto: what's he worked on before? In-between animation on Kill la Kill, key animation on Umaru-chain, and episode director Re:Creators. A bottom of the barrel scrub.

Hiroshi Ikehata: a C-list director ( episode director Accel World, Rinne no Lagrange etc and series director for garbage series like Robot Girls Z and Akiba's Trip)

Kaiya Toshihisa: a Production I.G. B-lister. His most significant work is as director on Wasurenagumo, which admittedly was pretty good but not much good directorial work beyond that He's mostly a chief animator. Still, the most capable guy on the list.

Ogawa Yuuki: another bottom of the barrel talentless nobody.

Suezawa Satoshi: an C-list animator.

Character Design: Kubota Chikashi, a Gainax B-lister (designer for Shikabane Hime). He's a good animator though, at least.

The chief director is irrelevant, since Motohiro Katsuyuki seems to be a glorified producer (little creative input on the stuff he's "directed").

FLCL3 --

Directors:

Suzuki Kiyotaka : a hack that's worked, most notably, as digital director for Evangelion 2.0, and chief unit director on Evangelion 3.0. Nothing else on the matter need be added.

Uemura Yutaka: ex-Gainax B-lister. Director of Dantalian no Shoka.

Character designer: Takahashi Yuuichi, chara desginer on Gatchaman Crowds.

Seriously, this project is doomed to mediocrity."

Another anon says:

">FLCL2&3 will be made by people who worked on garbage anime like

>Umaru-chan

>Accel World

>Shikabane Hime

>Dantalian no Shoka"

Because watching 30 seconds of a trailer = OBVIOUSLY seeing the entire unreleased 2 whole seasons.

Actually that the original said everything it needed to say, had no open plot threads, and resolved every single character arc. 

Which is why I don't really consider this a "sequel", but a completely different story that takes place in the same universe several years later with some of the characters and is only called a sequel because what I just said would be too confusing for the masses.

Which is why I don't really consider this a "sequel", but a completely different story that takes place in the same universe several years later with some of the characters and is only called a sequel because what I just said would be too confusing for the masses.

Actually that is exactly what a sequel is.

Well, the main reason that gets a pass is because Lucas always planned to have a 9 film saga.

Had it been the same for FLCL, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

Perhaps that's the case, but you could still theoretically look at just the original trilogy and go, "Yeah, this is good enough."

I'm not questioning his opinion (which, given my uncertainty towards FLCL 2 and 3 right now, I agree with), moreso the logic behind why they're unnecessary.  I was also on the phone when I typed that, so if all else fails, it proves that multitasking just isn't my thing.