UnevenEdge

are Teen Titans writers just really really dumb?

mochi

I'd imagine if their main expertise is working in animation, their only exposure to Vespas would be through a certain [as] anime with Vespas.

well obviously

but I mean........were they too lazy to look up what a Vespa was and realize that they weren't Japanese?

Pretty sure Go is written by people who had nothing to do with the original and hadn't even watched it.

considering the ep in question I'm refferencing was a complete remake of an actual episode of the original

I disagree

the original was just as awful as GO! and I refuse to hear arguments to the contrary S:

considering the ep in question I'm refferencing was a complete remake of an actual episode of the original

I disagree

the original was just as awful as GO! and I refuse to hear arguments to the contrary S:

Nobody is saying that the original was perfect (Especially considering it's watering down of the fight scenes and violence for kids and the mean spirited humor), but it had at least one thing Go lacks: Character development.

Nobody is saying that the original was perfect (Especially considering it's watering down of the fight scenes and violence for kids and the mean spirited humor), but it had least had one thing Go lacks: Character development.

being more fair

my actual opinion is that there's about an equal amount of faults in both classic TT and TTG!

TT's faults were

1. its shameless attempt at being "anime-like" and failure to do so well

2. it's mean spirited humor (which is also Present in Go!) almost all of which directed at Beast boy

3. it's inability to keep Beast Boy's vegetatianism consistant, and on some level, the decision to even make him a vegetarian in the first place (he was not one in the comics)

4. not balancing humor an action well at all, the show flopped back and forth between being dead serious and dark (Raven is the Anti-Christ her father is Satan and the earth is now hell), and "LOL SO RANDUM!!!111" comedy (Beast boy fighting talking space Tofu who wants to use cows as batteries)

and TTG!'s faults are

1. abandonning action entirely in favor of LOL SO RANDUM comedy (though I occasionally laugh at some of the jokes admittedly)

2. Family guy esque Political soapboxing (albiet on a much milder scale cause it's a kid's show), and

3. regularly insulting both it's fans and it's haters