UnevenEdge

One Piece Episode 373 Discussion.

StarPanda

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last weekend, I half-jokingly mentioned that they'd fight some "Super Satan Moria" before everything was finished...

I didn't actually want it to happen.

The ass-kicker is that we won't see the conclusion to Thriller Bark until January. Maybe not even then, since Kuma is still lurking around the island.

Last weekend, I half-jokingly mentioned that they'd fight some "Super Satan Moria" before everything was finished...

I didn't actually want it to happen.

The ass-kicker is that we won't see the conclusion to Thriller Bark conclusion until January. Maybe not even until then, since Kuma is still lurking around the island.

we won't see the conclusion dill 2017, the year all of America's minorities are Holocausted

the sad thing is, 4kids did us a service by butchering one piece, literally None of us would be fans of it if the 4kids dub had not existed

I still dont get this notion.

If they didn't pick it up, someone else would have. You would have discovered it anyway. In better form, most likely.

Yeah you need to get him to release the shadows.  Also Oars still has his.

Fucked up, Moria... and how will you make zombies without Hogback?

Speaking of which, Hogback was conspicuous by his absence in that series of cuts.  I'm sure he's not dead, though.

Take back the Shadows... holy shit!  That's why Moria is so fat!  He eats Shadows to make him himself stronger!  But now he's getting even fatter!  Not just that... he's huge!  He's transforming!

It looks like we're finally going to see Moria himself fight!  But only after he doped up with 1000 shadows!  What the hell are they going to do now?!  I hope Kuma doesn't just come in and one-shot him or something.  That would be anti-climactic.  Plus we've been waiting this whole arc to see Moria fight!

Welp, at least "Soft-ish" endings: DBZ Kai; JoJo; Hunter; Shippuden

Brutal Cliffhangers: One Piece

So that's 4-1, I guess?

4-2 after this episode of One-Punch Man!

Aside from the people seeing One Punch Man for the first time this airing, pretty sure most people don't care about cliffhangers on reruns.  This One Piece one is brutal, though.

Yeah, his notion that somehow minorities will be "holocausted" next year is about as far from logical as you can get!

Yes.  His Chicken Little nonsense has gotten quite tiresome.

That, and the whole "4Kids brought us One Piece" thing... like Moose said, if they didn't pick it up, someone else would have, and it would've been handled better.  Sad thing is, 4Kids didn't even want One Piece.  They got it as a package deal with another show and only dubbed as much as they had to under that contract.

Oh yeah.  That's stupid.  But I hear it's in the show forever!  Why can't Toonami have Funimation cut that instead?

It's in the show for padding.

I don't think they can cut it smoothly due to the burning-page effect that transitions into the episode recap each time.

Also, they change the "introduction" every hundred episodes or so. The Gold Roger one will be swapped during the next arc for a new one.

But they're overall here to stay, bar some important episodes where they don't air it.

It's in the show for padding.

I don't think they can cut it smoothly due to the burning-page effect that transitions into the episode recap each time.

Also, they change the "introduction" every hundred episodes or so. The Gold Roger one will be swapped during the next arc for a new one.

But they're overall here to stay, bar some important episodes where they don't air it.

I see.

But the Gold Roger thing was in the show early on... a different version.  They took it off.  I assumed this was because it was no longer needed?  But they brought it back.  And yeah it's there for padding... still annoying.  Rather just have a longer recap than seeing the same shit every week.

I see.

But the Gold Roger thing was in the show early on... a different version.  They took it off.  I assumed this was because it was no longer needed?  But they brought it back.  And yeah it's there for padding... still annoying.  Rather just have a longer recap than seeing the same shit every week.

The first opening had it tacked on to the beginning. But that changed once the opening changed.

Then, One Piece has it's timeslot change in Japan during Eneis lobby, which resulted in those clip-show flashback episodes and this introduction thing which I assume was because they wanted to enlighten new viewers on the series and also padding.

When it changes, it won't be based on Gold Roger anymore, but it'll still be a series overview, so to speak.

The first opening had it tacked on to the beginning. But that changed once the opening changed.

Then, One Piece has it's timeslot change in Japan during Eneis lobby, which resulted in those clip-show flashback episodes and this introduction thing which I assume was because they wanted to enlighten new viewers on the series and also padding.

When it changes, it won't be based on Gold Roger anymore, but it'll still be a series overview, so to speak.

Oh okay.  Timeslot change thing makes sense.  But this still seems like a long time to keep doing it for that.  But at least it won't the that fucking "GOLD ROGER..." shit anymore.

I don't want to see Gold Roger anymore unless it's in the actual show and we learn more about him.