UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 139 Discussion

StarPanda

Eh?  Trap by Itachi?

Let me guess... this guy is the most hax bullshitty asspull Uchiha of all!

Transfer his Mangekyo?  How?!

Oh god, don't tell me it's going to go where I think it is.... ITACHI WAS REALLY A GOOD GUY ALL ALONG HUR HUR....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHGGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHHH!

but seriously Japan is about as homophobic as we were back in the 80's (when our country hated gay people so much that they convinced themselves that AIDS was only going to kill Gay people and willingly let it run rampant because they thought it was a gift from god that was going to wipe out the "Gay people" once and for all) so that's why Sasuke and Naruto married girls after all this subtext

because Japan fucking DESPISES gay people

but seriously Japan is about as homophobic as we were back in the 80's (when our country hated gay people so much that they convinced themselves that AIDS was only going to kill Gay people and willingly let it run rampant because they thought it was a gift from god that was going to wipe out the "Gay people" once and for all) so that's why Sasuke and Naruto married girls after all this subtext

because Japan fucking DESPISES gay people

Well, some people in Japan do.  Wouldn't say all.  And I think more are just ignorant.  I definitely agree this story would make more sense if Naruto and Sasuke were actually gay or at least bi, since they never came off as "best friends" at all, due to Kishimoto's shitty writing.

It's worth noting that most of the world's modern homophobia exists thanks to the Victorians.  After a few prominent individuals made themselves known and they figured that gay was a thing, that stopped all the "bro-fection" between men, because they didn't want to appear to be gay.  And as you can imagine, this didn't lead to good treatment for actual gays.  So, yeah.

Well, some people in Japan do.  Wouldn't say all.  And I think more are just ignorant.  I definitely agree this story would make more sense if Naruto and Sasuke were actually gay or at least bi, since they never came off as "best friends" at all, due to Kishimoto's shitty writing.

It's worth noting that most of the world's modern homophobia exists thanks to the Victorians.  After a few prominent individuals made themselves known and they figured that gay was a thing, that stopped all the "bro-fection between" men, because they didn't want to appear to be gay.  And as you can imagine, this didn't lead to good treatment for actual gays.  So, yeah.

to be fair the only reason our country developed drugs to allow people with aids to live was because they realized "oh shit, straight people can get aids too!" so our country literally still thinks Gay people should be killed, nothing has changed, we're still a putrid horrible predjudice based country that should never have existed in the firs place, "land of the free" more like "land of the white and straight"

to be fair the only reason our country developed drugs to allow people with aids to live was because they realized "oh shit, straight people can get aids too!" so our country literally still thinks Gay people should be killed, nothing has changed, we're still a putrid horrible predjudice based country that should never have existed in the firs place, "land of the free" more like "land of the white and straight"

Nobody is negatively concerned with LGBTs.  You'll be fine.  Enough of this Chicken Little nonsense.  You are right about the AIDS thing, though.  Though, if you don't like it here, you can always move.

Nobody is negatively concerned with LGBTs.  You'll be fine.  Enough of this Chicken Little nonsense.  You are right about the AIDS thing, though.  Though, if you don't like it here, you can always move.

I'm too poor, and frankly NO countries like gay people, there's a reason I have attempted suicide multiple times (I always end up failing though)

Oh lord... the Itachi reveal is one of the major points in where Naruto starts turning to shit. I really hate whats about to unfold.

Honestly, anything focusing on the Uchiha or Sasuke ruins this series soooooo much. Ugh.

Does it suck so hard that it should probably be jettisoned to 2:30 AM or knocked off the schedule completely, maybe replaced by Boruto?

I kinda enjoyed 2016's Naruto: Shippuden offerings, particularly once that dumb "Guren" arc ended. Jiraiya actually made frogs look cool in the Pain arc after Naruto's "filler frogs" failed hard. That was probably the highlight of the year! The Itachi/Sasuke stuff was weird, and the Madara reveal even more so.

tumblr_oib1zoisz31rvb8cmo1_400.gif

Here we go onward to 2017...

I'll just say that what's coming next is a convoluted reaching ass-pull of a retcon that tries to act like a plot-twist, but just drives a big steak through the series likability. Imo it's terrible. But judge for yourself. ..

The Pain stuff is decent though. It'll get better once we get back to that. But the problem with Naruto is that it always ends up focusing on the Uchiha and their baggage once again.

I'll just say that what's coming next is a convoluted reaching ass-pull of a retcon that tries to act like a plot-twist, but just drives a big steak through the series likability. Imo it's terrible. But judge for yourself. ..

The Pain stuff is decent though. It'll get better once we get back to that. But the problem with Naruto is that it always ends up focusing on the Uchiha and their baggage once again.

Drives a stake through the series likability?  That happened when Sasuke took off and wasn't rescued in one arc, Kishimoto tried to put them over as "best friends", and then the rest of the storyline revolved around that repetitive bullshit.  So, the seeds were sewn back in part 1.  Sure, this show can get worse, but it's been crap for a good while now.

Does it suck so hard that it should probably be jettisoned to 2:30 AM or knocked off the schedule completely, maybe replaced by Boruto?

I kinda enjoyed 2016's Naruto: Shippuden offerings, particularly once that dumb "Guren" arc ended. Jiraiya actually made frogs look cool in the Pain arc after Naruto's "filler frogs" failed hard. That was probably the highlight of the year! The Itachi/Sasuke stuff was weird, and the Madara reveal even more so.

tumblr_oib1zoisz31rvb8cmo1_400.gif

Here we go onward to 2017...

The show is shit, so let's replace it with its sequel.  I love your logic.  No, we have to suffer through every painful minute of this garbage until Toonami airs it all.  You know how Demarco doesn't like to "throw away episodes!"

Drives a stake through the series likability?  That happened when Sasuke took off and wasn't rescued in one arc, Kishimoto tried to put them over as "best friends", and then the rest of the storyline revolved around that repetitive bullshit.  So, the seeds were sewn back in part 1.  Sure, this show can get worse, but it's been crap for a good while now.

For me, it was just mediocre up until this point coming up, which is when it really starts turning terrible (admittedly the Pain stuff is interesting though).

The show is shit, so let's replace it with its sequel.  I love your logic.  No, we have to suffer through every painful minute of this garbage until Toonami airs it all.  You know how Demarco doesn't like to "throw away episodes!"

Don't forget that they actually ran Shippuden and OG Naruto concurrently for a while (until Hellsing Ultimate arrived) in 2014!