UnevenEdge

Netflix's Little Witch Academia

The1gairon

This post starts not-so-coincidentally on the same day Netflix put the first 13 episodes of the Little Witch Academia TV anime online!  For everyone's viewing pleasure!  The entire season has aired in Japan just last Sunday and there are 25 episodes in all. Netflix will add the rest later.  And look, they even have the first few episodes DUBBED!  There was some confusion.  Netflix posted a poster saying they're run "all 25 episodes" at once, but then it turns out they're only starting with the first 13.  Hmmm.

I already saw the show, because I am a bad fan (the only way you could possibly see the show before Netflix's subs was through illegal torrents), but i can say it is worth your time if you loved everything in the OVAs.

Akko must'nt lose her yay.

This post starts not-so-coincidentally on the same day Netflix put the first 13 episodes of the Little Witch Academia TV anime online!  For everyone's viewing pleasure!  The entire season has aired in Japan just last Sunday and there are 25 episodes in all. Netflix will add the rest later.  And look, they even have the first few episodes DUBBED!  There was some confusion.  Netflix posted a poster saying they're run "all 25 episodes" at once, but then it turns out they're only starting with the first 13.  Hmmm.

I already saw the show, because I am a bad fan (the only way you could possibly see the show before Netflix's subs was through illegal torrents), but i can say it is worth your time if you loved everything in the OVAs.

Akko must'nt lose her yay.

**runs to netflix like a panicked Ostritch**

4nvsme.gif

**runs to netflix like a panicked Ostritch**

4nvsme.gif

:D Welcome

Enjoy cute Akko cuteness and spazzes!  AND get ready for an expanded version of the story from the first OVA, with the 2nd set of 3-witches returning (Amanda, Constanza, and Jasminka)! Some relaxing slice-of-life fantasy school fluff, and even.... some deeper, .. slightly darker schemes occuring later.....

I was gonna start it soon(*coughs* on a site somewhere), but it being on Netflix gives me the chance to watch it on tv guiltfree.

Also, motherfucker! I forgot to check to see what was leaving Netflix this month. I usually remember to check before the first because that's when the biggest purges happen. It's been a good couple of months of pick-ups though.

I hope they got a new ADR Director for this series.  For some reason, everyone in the OVA dubs sounded half-asleep, even though these are all fine actors that have impressed me time and again!  Laura Post is the ADR Director of this series.  No word on if she was also the director of the OVAs.

Erica Mendez is tweeting a LOT about this show since it came out! :3 They are very proud. 

I also watched this while it was airing

And blogged the 2nd half on RC

It was an amazing show. Not as intricately animated as the OVAS but the story and characters were great. I adored Ursula and her story. Lotte, Sucy and the Amanda/Jasminka/Constanze team were wonderful too.

I'm looking forward to hearing the dub though so I'd absolutely rewatch the English version on Netflix

I'm very disappointed that after all these time deliberately holding back the show, they weren't even able to put the whole thing up at once.

They do this to their live-action shows too. This isn't out of the ordinary for them. Maybe they're waiting for the dub to be completed.

it being on Netflix gives me the chance to watch it on tv guiltfree.

I don't see why downloading it would make you feel guilty in this case.  If you already have Netflix, waiting for them to put it up doesn't give any more money to the creators or take any away from them, whether you watch it on Netflix or not.  You've already paid what you're asked to pay either way.  I don't feel any guiltier than not watching anime on ihateyouamazon.com, since I want to take money from any productions that sell out to their stupid double paywall system.  Maybe someone on one side of the ocean or the other will get the message that hooking up with ihateyouamazon.com is not in their best interests.