UnevenEdge

Rainbow

scope

Just finished watching this tonight, definitely one of my favorites now.

Probably the most human an anime series has ever felt to me, nailed the details of a 50's period piece.

None of the episodes felt wasted besides the recap episode and the story was so heavy that I felt like I'd watched something double the length, a shame this series doesn't get more light but anime fans love tits and explosions I guess  :|

I remember that from years back. Haven't watched it, but I know people said it was very sad.

It was overall pretty good, imo.

I struggled to see it as being tragic in the way most people did, though. My primary gripe was how antagonists were portrayed. The main cast were mostly solid characters, wherein the antagonists were caricature-grade villains with really no redeeming qualities. It was frustrating to watch for that reason. The lack of depth and sheer monstrosity of the villains took a great deal of weight off the conflicts given to the otherwise reasonably good cast.

So, it boiled down to a strong leading cast, but poor conflicts instigated by characters too extreme for me to take seriously. It was too bad I couldn't buy into the antagonists nor the shit they'd pull, otherwise it was totally my kind of show. I can see why someone would like it a lot for the main group. It was less memorable for me because of the characters surrounding the main bunch became too big a distraction.

rainbow? lack of tits?

gay.

nah but ill look this up.

I could say the same thing about "King of prism Pretty rhythm" but I've heard nothing implying the title characters and their band "over the rainbow" are anything but heterosexual

It was ocerall pretty good, imo.

I struggled to see it as being tragic in the way most people did, though. My primary gripe was how antagonists were portrayed. The main cast were mostly solid characters, wherein the antagonists were caricature-grade villains with really no redeeming qualities. It was frustrating to watch for that reason. The lack of depth and sheer monstrosity of the villains took a great deal of weight off the conflicts given to the otherwise reasonably good cast.

So, it boiled down to a strong leading cast, but poor conflicts instigated by characters too extreme for me to take seriously. It was too bad I couldn't buy into the antagonists nor the shit they'd pull, otherwise it was totally my kind of show. I can see why someone would like it a lot for the main group. It was less memorable for me because of the characters surrounding the main bunch became too big a distraction.

Yeah that was really the biggest weakness of the show was the over the top cartoonish villains, the second half didn't seem to have them as much and felt more natural to me, I guess I just chose to overlook it because I enjoyed the core cast and the emotion for me came from their struggles to survive post war Japan but yeah a few of those villains were pretty ridiculous lol

I could say the same thing about "King of prism Pretty rhythm" but I've heard nothing implying the title characters and their band "over the rainbow" are anything but heterosexual

It's not gay but there is a little bit of.....

anal penetration

C95C0uxVYAAAdAe.jpg

44e9efbc30b3641c57610e5a4c8f46831492736698_large.jpg

of course I've been wrong before ::]::

(unless the blonde is a girl)

Nah, that's not it, for once I'll not be a jerk and tell you....

You won't enjoy what I'm referring to, no one would, it takes place in a juvenile prison so....

Nah, that's not it, for once I'll not be a jerk and tell you....

You won't enjoy what I'm referring to, no one would, it takes place in a juvenile prison so....

bsp.gif

I mean I already wasn't going to watch it but...deffinately not now