UnevenEdge

Hunter x Hunter Episode 31 Discussion

StarPanda

Damn this show is still pretty rough right now, maybe it's because of my high expectations or something because I'm not enjoying these early parts as much as I thought I would be. Still a pretty ok ep, didn't think it was necessary at first to explain in detail what a doppelganger was, but since it was tied back to nen I let it slide. I'm really looking forwards the next ep for foreshadowing reasons.

Japanese Censorship laws changed, I don't think they allow ludicrous ammounts of Blood in Kids shows anymore and some anime studios misunderstood the revision and thought none was allowed for a while(they still allow some)

I'm kinda shocked at this myself. I guess it didn't change timeslot in Japan just yet?

the timeslot didn't change until episode 100 if I'm not mistaken, but even before the timeslot change the series does get more graphic through its run.

Ah, so I guess what we'll see is extreme censorship at this point in the show (2012-ish), then as we get closer to episodes which aired in Japan in 2013 and 2014, the amount of violence will increase as the studios figured out the rules.

Oh well; even when only aura shows with an arm being ripped off, I still enjoy this! More Kastro vs. Hisoka next week!

Ah, so I guess what we'll see is extreme censorship at this point in the show (2012-ish), then as we get closer to episodes which aired in Japan in 2013 and 2014, the amount of violence will increase as the studios figured out the rules.

Oh well; even when only aura shows with an arm being ripped off, I still enjoy this! More Kastro vs. Hisoka next week!

nah, once the next arc hits the show is less censored and includes but is not limited to

[spoiler=vague potential spoilers i guess?]peoples necks being snapped, the floor of an entire room becoming covered with blood, peoples faces being bit off, etc.

that's all that comes to mind right now, I'm sure there's more.