UnevenEdge

Hikikomori

Phillies

This is crazy read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikikomori

According to government figures released in 2010, there are 700,000 individuals living as hikikomori with an average age of 31.[10] Still, the numbers vary widely between experts. Among these are the hikikomori that are now in their 40s and have spent 20 years in isolation, this group is generally referred to as the "first-generation hikikomori," and there is concern about their reintegration into society in what is known as "the 2030 Problem," when they are in their 60s and their parents begin to die.[10] Additionally, the government estimates that 1.55 million people are on the verge of becoming hikikomori.[10] Tamaki Saitō, who first coined the phrase, originally estimated that there may be over one million hikikomori in Japan, though this was not based on national survey data. Nonetheless, considering that hikikomori adolescents are hidden away and their parents are often reluctant to talk about the problem, it is extremely difficult to gauge the number accurately.[11]

That is terrifying, I like being alone as much as the next recluse but I try to never miss a party and I throw my own every so often, then there are conventions, and family events, basically I'm socializing with people at least once a month in a semi formal setting. As for going to shops I do when I need something. In fact I need to go food shopping asap and will as soon as the weather improves.

I can't imagine being in total isolation for decades, I wonder if they go feral after awhile? I mean didn't Tom Hanks start talking to a beach ball in a movie once?

That is terrifying, I like being alone as much as the next recluse but I try to never miss a party and I throw my own every so often, then there are conventions, and family events, basically I'm socializing with people at least once a month in a semi formal setting. As for going to shops I do when I need something. In fact I need to go food shopping asap and will as soon as the weather improves.

I can't imagine being in total isolation for decades, I wonder if they go feral after awhile? I mean didn't Tom Hanks start talking to a beach ball in a movie once?

0.jpg

i_love_you_miku___pillow_by_junjouromantican-d4d2hdw.jpg