UnevenEdge

for some reason It didn't dawn on me till just now

mochi

Yep, that's Kishimoto for you. Great at coming up with edgy concepts, but TERRIBLE at executing them!

I mean Mangekyou Sharingan is considered a sought after power in their clan

that implies that the Uchiha clan just regularly murdered their spouses, children and siblings and acted like it was nothing

you'd think Sasuke wouldn't be so shocked by what his brother did knowing that his brother was eventually gonna kill SOMEONE he cared about to get the power

IIRC, the Mangekyou Sharingan is obtained with a Sharingan-wielder experiences great loss; it's just that killing your best friend produces the best results.

[so to speak]

I.e. you can also get it if someone ELSE Kills someone you love

kinda dumb that NOBODY IN THE SERIES GETS IT THAT WAY!

even Kakashi got it because he accidentally killed someone he loved

(he's also not even an Uchiha he just got a cornea transplant from someone who was one)

• 2 weeks later...

unti we got the ret of Obito's backstory, I was certain that the murder of someone you love was just a misinterpretation of it and that the truth was you just had to undergo any sort of mind-shattering trauma. figured that was how Kakashi got his without having to murder anyone....but then....