UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Gintama 57

So to help retrieve stolen goods two more characters I completely forgot about returned this episode:

ZQJ1L9J.png

Mutsu

GfNwXDM.png

And Sakamoto

XSxtNE7.png

Boy, Sakamoto and Gintoki sure must be good friends! :D However, he can be badass when he wants:

UglTUyF.png

And apparently so can Shinpachi:

bKfkUze.png

Nice...head? :D These evil goofs were in a previous episode too, hell if I remember though. :D That said, there's something about their weapon...

lUB1yrp.png

...that seems to stand up out. Eh, must be my imagination. :D I also couldn't help but notice Kagura ate about a metric ton this episode and helped Gintoki beat the shit out of poor Sakamoto what felt like five or six times.  :D Regardless, job well done, but what is this Benizakura Arc the preview seemed to hype up so much? Well, guess we'll see! :D

Cat's Eye 57

Cat's Eye is framed for murder! Toshi, thinking them above murder, is feeling particularly downtrodden by the news:

gbZCIHI.png

Funny though, considering all the heists and fights they've been through you wouldn't think Ai could still be so visibly shaken by seeing a dead body:

qOSHWC6.png

A pretty straightforward action episode plays out from there, involving a corrupt politician and his goon. Not the most complex plot, but sometimes it's nice to get back to basics.

Xr3iis6.png

And of course Cat's Eye emerge victorious over their vanquished foe:

X14BDYJ.png

Toshi's elation over their innocence was such a sweet note to end on I decided to screencap it even though I couldn't get a shot without the subtitles, which I almost always try to do:

4TzoUP7.png

Such a deliciously over the top cartoony reaction. :D Loved the height, the musical stinger accompanying it, and Miss Asatani's reaction. :D

Gintama 58

0_0 Well dayum! It got serious!

:D Katsura, presumed dead(though not bloody likely):

u6e3VDf.png

Elizabeth, out for help:

xWeOJdP.png

And Gintoki on the hunt for Benizakura, the demonic sword capable of devouring souls:

mSbvFbJ.png

Believe it or not, alot of this episode reminded me of Inuyasha. Benizakura just feels like something crafted by Totosai or Kaijinbo. And clashes like this:

Xygwc1o.png

Between Gintoki and the returning Nizo reminded me of Sesshomaru and Inuyasha. There was still comedy of course, Elizabeth's lengthy Golgo 13 reference for instance(and holy crap she talked!). But we haven't really seen Gintoki manhandled like this before:

IkfoA8l.png

That I can remember anyway. Nor Shinpachi coming in so clutch:

3pml6HU.png

He pretty much saved Gintoki's life! This is just the beginning however. Nizo is but one of several enemies this arc will seem to have if the ending theme and preview are anything to go by. That Otsu interested headphones guy Bansai being another. And someone whose voice I noticed sounded suspiciously like Inspector Megure from Detective Conan. :D Poor Kagura's about to learn this the hard way as she faces who I assume is the big boss. Poor girl shoulda stayed with Sadaharu. :(

Lh23VzR.png

And if I'm remembering correctly we've actually met the big boss before in a previous episode....

Nobunaga no Shinobi 22

Cat's Eye 58

Well apparently if those street punks are to be believed Toshi looks good in drag.

ucvN93B.png

Personally I don't really see it.

wDpYfnr.png

Hitomi on the other hand looked pretty good in her disguise.

U81Ts8S.png

Perhaps too good as she soon discovers. Oh yeah, Toshi's got it bad:

oOTCkxv.png

Also notice Toshi's towel is miscolored in the mirror in the image above with the disguised Hitomi. More on that in a second...

v6h5ZyJ.png

You know Hitomi, I'm not sure you're allowed to get pissed at Toshi over this one given the circumstances. In fact, no, you aren't. This was a horrible situation you put him in. Well, at least she kinda acknowledges it. Also her look...gives off a vague Eri Kisaki vibe. Meanwhile...

W9N46NI.png

Holy hell Rui! What did you eat to turn blue like that!? :D Does Willy Wonka know Cat's Eye infiltrated his factory? :D I love that they reused this shot calling more attention to it too. :D Anyway in the end Toshi chooses Hitomi over the mysterious stranger strengthening their relationship. The scene is meant to come across as touching, and I suppose it does, but I'd be lying if I didn't acknowledge a slight feeling, once again, that Toshi deserves better. Ah well.

4tOkPZs.png

Gintama 59

The plot thickens: the episode! Well now we've got a general idea of what's going on. We have a group called the Kiheitai.

kjotkmV.png

Led by Takasugi, who fought alongside Gintoki and Katsura long ago, hellbent on overthrowing the government. We also learn the Benizakura was forged by the brother swordsmith working in cahoots with Takasugi.

V3qeULz.png

And that it's affecting Nizo, causing some inner turmoil in the group:

SOxJjAg.png

We also meet Inspector Megure, in his lolicon feminist form. :D

aN5EHCl.png

And discover Elizabeth was hiding a cannon in her mouth somehow. :D Between that and the talking eyes from last episode I'm beginning to wonder if Katsura might be...anywho poor Kagura:

V5Gyh7L.png

At least with her spit she's not done fighting just yet:

SeoYgYa.png

And from the looks of it neither is Gintoki:

fhJOSbm.png

I only wish Sachan had been with him over Otae, miss her. :(

Cat's Eye 59

Hmmm...an episode involving Rui's love life:

bKuJ0Tk.png

Interesting, we've had Ai love stories before, and of course Hitomi and Toshi, but never Rui. They seem like a nice couple too:

qpkKxqk.png

And he is a good artist. Though admittedly all I could think of was that scene from Titanic. :D

sFD2mt5.png

Rui even snaps at Toshi for unknowingly criticizing a gift he gave her. How long have they had this cat btw? :D

uT8R2Iw.png

Still, it was obvious it wouldn't work out even without having to keep the status quo. The cherry blossom motif of ephemera which surrounded them certainly hinted at it. At least the relationship didn't end because the guy was evil like I expected so that was nice. They opted instead for Rui deciding her sisters were more important even though they were practically pushing her out the door. :D In retrospect with the way the episode ended they might have been able to keep the guy around as a recurring character had the series lasted more than another dozen episodes or so, but maybe not who knows?

6xZcH0P.png

Also, is it just me or does Rui look unintentionally creepy in this image? :D

Twin Star Exorcists 46

Piacevole! My Italian Cooking 8

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon 8

KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! Season 2, 8

Gintama 60

Here we go! After some uncharacteristic padding with previous material Katsura's forces finally launch a counterattack on Takasugi's ship. Giving Shinpachi the perfect rescue opportunity:

V32HcXV.png

The Benizakura's overwhelming might is to be feared however:

kI0yYSu.png

And when Takasugi himself enters the battlefield blood will be shed:

3P8ain8.png

Elizabeth! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

uRowOrr.png

OOOOOOOOOOoh okay it was Katsura in disguise as I suspected. :D Lookin badass team:

6Ri1eXC.png

For all of 5 seconds. :D

5XoInXK.png

Still, the final battles are set to begin:

aPHCnzo.png

And the protagonist returns to the battlefield for his highly anticipated rematch:

KFILhiq.png

Can Gintoki vanquish Nizo and the Benizakura? I'm...guessing yes. :D Frankly only Katsura's fight really concerns me. He's facing the big boss usually reserved for the mc afterall, assuming they actually fight. But we'll see! :D

Cat's Eye 60

Well with April Fools in the title I probably should have watched this one a month of so from now.

:D And with a plot involving Toshi's hitman doppelganger:

RaXsw3u.png

And Toshi begging the girls to masquerade as Cat's Eye to help in a sting operation, you'd expect some silliness. Surprisingly however, apart from the novelty of Toshi "training" the girls:

ULYXmXM.png

The episode plays out pretty straightforwardly, at least for the girls. The doppelganger is not really a factor since they find out about and exploit his existence right away. Not Hitomi's finest episode though. She goes from literally karate chopping Toshi unconscious and meekly apologizing to herself just after, to saying she wishes for him to chase Cat's Eye forever, to feeling jealous he was glad the "real" Cat's Eye escaped in the span of 3 minutes at most! It's not like an entire episode revolved around his devotion to you literally 2 episodes ago or anything girl! :D Ah well. :D

af3Pmt7.png

Gintama 61

So nice of them to let us know upfront this was the finale to the Benizakura Arc.

:D Anywho...Clash! Gintoki vs Nizo!

gUh8QxL.png

And it looks like Gintoki has the upper hand:

SO1Im6U.png

Kagura ain't doin so bad herself! :D

odau9Dx.png

However, when the Benizakura transforms Nizo into a rampaging beast everyone is pulled into the struggle:

dEyokQj.png

In the end Gintoki is victorious...by ripping off Inuyasha! :D Seriously that whole power to protect stuff? INUYASHA! :D I'm sure this arc made Rumiko Takahashi proud considering how much it reminded me of her work. :D

AgFoDvU.png

RIP Nizo, I assume, and Tetsuya, no assuming there. Poor Tetsuko. :(

QJmy1qR.png

Well as it turns out Takasugi doesn't fight Katsura afterall...yet anyway. Instead we learn the motivation behind his goal: avenging Shoyo, the man who taught them both and Gintoki:

eol4a5i.png

We also learn he's in cahoots with the Harusame via Bansai, who also didn't really fight this arc. In the end Gintoki and Katsura flee after everyone else while warning Takasugi that the next time they meet will be...to the death! In a scene reminiscent of the end of Bleach's Soul Society Arc only probably written first, not sure:

E6afxU0.png

So that was the Benizakura Arc, Gintama's first really serious one. Pretty fun, but felt like an appetizer more than anything. Where's the rest!? :D

Cat's Eye 61

Oh boy, now THIS episode was silly. We've got a clumsy new female police officer who falls for Toshi:

Xp8h6IH.png

She's really got it bad alright. :D

HA6gREF.png

I'll admit I laughed out loud when, after she lifted her skirt a bit to reveal some leg to Toshi(who of course ran away embarrassed) we pan to the Chief looking up on all fours. :D Pervy old bastard. :D Hitomi was not without her own unwanted love interest however:

0ib27C5.png

In the end the two ended up paired up, naturally:

8ayJWCy.png

Along the way however we got more of Toshi being treated unfairly by Hitomi and being made a fool of. I think this is at least the fourth relationship episode in a row I've sided with him on, but oh well. Poor guy's in too deep now, maybe marrying her will justify all the shabby treatment if it ever happens. For now this sums things up for him pretty nicely:

V99A4rW.png

I'm watching

Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Arc

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Interviews With Monster Girls

I'm also being a bad boy for a change and watching Little Witch Academia.... "bad boy" being that Netflix is the only company that legally has the rights to it here but they haven't released it yet. I'm using a fansubbing site.

Also of course I'm following what Toonami's airing.

I'm watching

Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Arc

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Interviews With Monster Girls

I'm also being a bad boy for a change and watching Little Witch Academia.... "bad boy" being that Netflix is the only company that legally has the rights to it here but they haven't released it yet. I'm using a fansubbing site.

Also of course I'm following what Toonami's airing.

I'm doing the same thing myself. The problem is that I'm 4 weeks behind on it. A combination of not being simulcast anywhere + watching it with my boyfriend who would rather play video games in his free time. Sigh.

I used to have no problem with downloading or streaming anime but since I got CR, it's become less of a priority when I can watch it on the TV through the ps4.

Also watched Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid 8. Elma is a nice addition to the dragon family. I love that she's an office lady and somehow managed to get hired with no knowledge!

Minami Kamakura Cycling Club 9

I love this new girl. Had a feeling she'd be the one in the bear costume. I am a sucker for foreign characters with a strong accent so of course I really like her! This episode was also very refreshing without the bike and racing terms.

• Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid #8

And for all that time, I thought the unknown dragon in the end was some alternate version of Fafnir. I mean, you could have at least abstained from adding her into the opening and ending credits like BAKUON!! did for Chisame. Thanks for confusing me for all of this time, show.  -_'

But yeah, nice episode. Though I don't know what the first seven minutes or so (with the cooking competition) had to do with anything else.

• Space Ghost Coast to Coast: "Momentary - Creator's Commentary"
  • BanG Dream! #7
  • Birdy the Mighty: Decode #4

I'm around 99.5% done with the post for this one aleady. I made a point of pushing it through early so I can study for my college classes. And yes, it is a great episode, so I can't wait to talk about it with you guys/Poke.

• Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid #8

And for all that time, I thought the unknown dragon in the end was some alternate version of Fafnir. I mean, you could have at least abstained from adding her into the opening and ending credits like BAKUON!! did for Chisame. Thanks for confusing me for all of this time, show.  -_'

But yeah, nice episode. Though I don't know what the first seven minutes or so (with the cooking competition) had to do with anything else.

How on earth do you jump to that conclusion? They look nothing alike.

Anyway.

Finally catching up on LWA. One more episode to knock out and then a new one tomorrow!

Gabriel DropOut 9

Ironic that a Christmas themed segment was probably the worst Satania has been treated so far. Even Vigne abused her this time! And after last week's frog ending got my hopes up too, this show regresses back to the same old tired "humor." Well that's extremely disappointing. :( Thankfully only 3 episodes of Satania suffering left to endure.