UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead 9/10
VTuber Legend: How I Went Viral after Forgetting to Turn Off My Stream 1

That cooked. God, I love Awayuki. I want her to bear my deformed, alcohol-addled babies.

Plus-Sized Elf 2
Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You 17

Spoiler

Kusahanada's weight gain problem is that her head-flower gets too big in sunny weather, right? So why'd the ED illustrator give her an Elfuda-sized belly in the credits like that's her issue?

Sailor Moon 8-9
Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You 18-19

Spoiler

FUN FACT: This is the tenth anniversary of the date I made this prototypical rating screencap from the very same episode. It's almost like clockwork or somethin'.

008SailorMoon8.png.0d0ee43cfcc2e695977f2ca763853d09.png

Also, poor Yano, stuck in an r/relationships post of a subplot... :sadppy:

Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough For Mobs 9

Spoiler

I don't know why, but Leon's suffering at the end of this episode was actually pretty hilarious. Maybe it's the universe giving thanks for my editing the Eureka seveN entry on this page into something a little less "written by someone who clearly hated the episode despite obviously watching it only once"?

VTuber Legend 2-4

I've come down on this show a little bit, but I still enjoy it very much. Does feel weird that this is my biggest exposure to VTubers yet, even though I've been following one on Twitxr for almost six years now.

Spoiler

And now, some bullet points:

• Shion is Best Girl, or at least the VTuber I most wish existed in real life.
  • Near the end of Episode 2, I was lamenting the fact that the show portrayed a karaoke scene without having any of the characters actually sing, because that sort of thing wouldn't be feasible given the budget... and then the show features Getting Over It, one of the ragebait stream games, immediately after. Touché, although I assume the creators of all these IRL games are either cool with the exposure or even wanted the series to feature them. And at least the EDs with different characters singing songs in Live2D is a nice touch.
  • In a similar vein, a nice WTF for me was when the show revealed that Live-On! exists in tandem with IRL VTuber agencies within the show, so you get a cameo from Sora Hololive, plus somebody from Animare I didn't recognize. (Wasn't the one who was streamin' with Inuyama Tamaki, that's for sure...)
  • Too bad Awayuki couldn't switch into Shuwa-chan mode for that strenuous exercise, but on the other hand, she was basically cosplaying Aoi Birdie Wing back there, which gets my utmost approval.

Shrine of the Morning Mist 1/2

Wait, did I really watch this through to the fourth episode? I thought I only did the first, which was a long-ass time ago... so long that it predates my media logs.