UnevenEdge

Do we want JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders in an earlier timeslot?

We all know by now that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Parts 1 & 2 haven't exactly set the world on fire with their ratings, and so it's being replaced by AOT S2 on April 29th, well not only that, but:

1. The Stardust Crusaders dub isn't ready to air yet, and...

2. Wanna strike while that damn iron's hot on more AOT, baby!

But what does this mean for the future of JoJo? They have also said that they want to air Stardust Crusaders, but when and in what timeslot? Would taking a VERY brief sabbatical and coming back with a brand-spankin' new promo and timeslot be enough for it?

I'm thinking AOT S2 will premiere at 11:30 and bump the Dragon Ball Hour down to midnight, then simply move up to 11 PM after Memorial Day for its last 8 episodes, and Stardust would make a great companion for that replacing Jack. But will it be ready by then? And would it do well at 11:30? Since consistency is good, it would not make much sense to kneejerk the DB Hour down to midnight on April 29th and back up to 11:30 on June 3rd. But by the same token, AOT at 12:30 makes no damn sense either since it IS a broadcast dub (in fact Toonami's 3rd ever), and in the pecking order would only come behind a world premiere (Jack). So since Super is from 2015, 11:30 with Super moving down to Midnight only makes sense. But when Jack ends, then what?

Stardust Crusaders is much older so it only makes sense for AOT S2 to take 11 PM at that point, IF Stardust is coming in to replace Jack. But COULD that timeslot also go to another show. There is also the outside chance that Toonami will simply lose 11 PM when Jack ends, but that doesn't seem to make much sense in the middle of the summer on the day that it moved UP to 11:30 last year! But maybe another hard-hitter from 2017, like the return of Aniplex to Toonami with Blue Exorcist Kyoto Saga, while not QUITE a "broadcast dub" but still speedy, would make more sense at 11:30 than Stardust.

After all, at the very least this cour of AOT is only 12 episodes, and when it's over, that makes room for Stardust. A full cour break may be the best strategy after all.

I'm all for JoJo airing earlier though I don't think it will air earlier than Super if they are willing to split up the DBs it could possibly get midnight.

With supposedly only 5 eps dubbed, Stardust may not be ready by June but it probably can be.

I admit that this show has not gotten me hyped to the level I was expecting, after seeing years of people saying how awesome it is on the likes of Gurren Lagann and seeing how many memes it birthed!

I kinda feel the same way.  One of my best friends has been hyping up Battle Tendency for literally two years now, saying it's one of the craziest things I'll ever watch.  While I do like it and it definitely is crazy, I actually found that I enjoyed Phantom Blood more.

I kinda feel the same way.  One of my best friends has been hyping up Battle Tendency for literally two years now, saying it's one of the craziest things I'll ever watch.  While I do like it and it definitely is crazy, I actually found that I enjoyed Phantom Blood more.

The problem is that things happen too fast. Which is more a problem when you are live-commenting/live-tweeting during the first time you watch it.

I'm beginning to realize this too. It seems my opinion of which seasons are the best are totally different from the majority of fans. Phantom Blood was THE SHIT I think; but while Battle Tendency is crazy and I enjoy it, it's not giving me the same level of hype.

But being that Stardust Crusaders is considered to be lower-tier JoJo by the same fans, that means I'm probably gonna think it's the greatest thing in the universe.

I don't give a fuck what time it airs, but if it's not coming before July, please just put it and Hunter back to back so I can watch as little as possible of the block. My obligation to Titan and Gundam should be over by then. Jack certainly will be. And outside IBO season 2, which I'm dreading, I honestly can't think of another show they could air I'd watch at the moment.

I don't give a fuck what time it airs, but if it's not coming before July, please just put it and Hunter back to back so I can watch as little as possible of the block. My obligation to Titan and Gundam should be over by then. Jack certainly will be. And outside IBO season 2, which I'm dreading, I honestly can't think of another show they could air I'd watch at the moment.

Blue Exorcist Season 2?

.... actually that was kind of lackluster.