UnevenEdge

Everyone delete your discusson threads

It did. DBZ Kai is on now!

Toonami actually had a neat little intro too! While I'm kinda pissed about waiting ANOTHER week to see how Jack and Super continue, I'm at least thinking ratings won't be hurt TOO bad by this!

Naw the ratings are fucked.  I wouldn't be surprised if Hellsing-level derailment occurs.

And some very obvious fatalism.

Also, Hellsing got moved ahead an hour after being off for a week, which probably drove away any of its viewers who didn't know how to operate a basic cable guide.

Not only that, but those weeks in October and November that included Hellsing Ultimate episodes 5-8 got screwed by Dish customers losing their Turner channels.

That's one reason why I hope Hellsing and Gurren Lagann get a second chance someday. (Well, Gurren's would be its 5th, but whatever).

Not only that, but those weeks in October and November that included Hellsing Ultimate episodes 5-8 got screwed by Dish customers losing their Turner channels.

That's one reason why I hope Hellsing and Gurren Lagann get a second chance someday. (Well, Gurren's would be its 5th, but whatever).

I could see perhaps Hellsing airing again if Toonami needed to fill slots, but I doubt Gurren Lagann will ever be back again.

A lot happened to screw over Hellsing but this situation should not be underestimated.  For one, the Jack/Morty switcheroo was completely unannounced and unpromoted.  No way for Rick & Morty fans to know their show was airing and no way for Jack fans to know their show wasn't.  And during it, there were no bumps or ads of any kind to indicate that Jack would be back next week, much less that it and possibly Toonami itself had been unceremoniously canceled.  Many other networks often cancel things with little or no warning, that shows' viewers only learning when they tune in only to find their show not there.  You can't bring up the  April Fool's thing either because that holiday doesn't fall on Saturday every year so if someone was just exclusively watching Toonami all these years, or more likely still, only now returned to the network to watch Samurai Jack, they'll have no idea about any of this.  So yeah, Adult Swim really fucked everything 8 ways past Tuesday.

They reran the Jack Episode 4 promo stating that the next ep will air "next Saturday at 11".  ... this means the same promo for ONE episode is now airing for TWO weeks in a row.  Wow.  Wow.

Also, DeMarco tweeted a few days beforehand about this stunt.  So there WAS a way people could find this out in advance, but again, very few people only read the tweet in time, INCLUDING ME!!

Not everyone would've stuck around after that, because again it could look like Toonami was gone or at least for that night, or the main thing they came for was Jack and that wasn't there.  And yeah like you said there's no reason to stay glued to Demarco's twitter to see this announcement beforehand.  Especially since most casual viewers won't be doing that, which makes up the bulk of the audience.

We're never going to know how Toonami would have faired if the block played in full on April 1, though I doubt it would have been much better.  Final Four was on that night, which definitely took viewers away from Adult Swim.  Like Al said over in the ratings thread, the 11 PM Rick and Morty was the most watched show on Adult Swim that night, and that only got 950k or thereabouts, so the night didn't even break a million.  Considering that the 950k would have been people tuning in for Samurai Jack, Toonami was going to be looking at a pretty low night regardless of what aired.  Better for them to hold off on Jack for a week and air it when more people will actually watch it.  But we'll see in the next couple of weeks what hit, if any, the ratings take from this. 

We're never going to know how Toonami would have faired if the block played in full on April 1, though I doubt it would have been much better.  Final Four was on that night, which definitely took viewers away from Adult Swim.  Like Al said over in the ratings thread, the 11 PM Rick and Morty was the most watched show on Adult Swim that night, and that only got 950k or thereabouts, so the night didn't even break a million.  Considering that the 950k would have been people tuning in for Samurai Jack, Toonami was going to be looking at a pretty low night regardless of what aired.  Better for them to hold off on Jack for a week and air it when more people will actually watch it.  But we'll see in the next couple of weeks what hit, if any, the ratings take from this.

I don't remember WWE broadcasts, other sports games, or even SNL pushing Toonami ratings down below at least a million for ONE timeslot! And yet Final Four does!?!

.... how is it not getting more attention than the Superbowl!?!?!

Because the Super Bowl is THE sporting event in the US.  And like Masquerade said, lots of people around the globe, even those that don't regularly watch American football, watch the Super Bowl.  The Final Four is peanuts compared to that.

Because the Super Bowl is THE sporting event in the US.  And like Masquerade said, lots of people around the globe, even those that don't regularly watch American football, watch the Super Bowl.  The Final Four is peanuts compared to that.

True, but the Final Four is pretty damn big for a Saturday event. And since the Super Bowl is played on a Sunday, it often barely affects Toonami at all. The pre-game stuff that aired on Saturday nights before it barely even made a dent, but the Super Bowl itself DOES absolutely DESTROY Adult Swim's Sunday night ratings.

True, but the Final Four is pretty damn big for a Saturday event. And since the Super Bowl is played on a Sunday, it often barely affects Toonami at all. The pre-game stuff that aired on Saturday nights before it barely even made a dent, but the Super Bowl itself DOES absolutely DESTROY Adult Swim's Sunday night ratings.

I know the Final Four is a big event.  30 million viewers is nothing to be scoffed at, and something like that can (obviously) destroy ratings for a night.  I was just pointing out to elfie that the Super Bowl gets far more ratings than even that.

Because the Superbowl is viewed by half a billion people around the globe.

Doubt it's half a billion.  That's 200 million over the U.S. population, most other countries don't care about American football, and not everyone in the U.S. likes football.  Then again I don't either and I still watch it for the commercials and the spectacle of it all.

Don't try to act like that's why they did that.  There was no logic put it into this.  Just goes to show even more how stupid they were to premiere Rick & Morty against such competition.  The hit will be critical.

Don't try to act like that's why they did that.  There was no logic put it into this. 

It wouldn't have mattered if it was planned to be on the night Final Four aired or if they were just going to do it on April  1 regardless.  The fact of the matter is that Final Four fell on the same night as April 1.  Toonami would have taken a hit that night, and the evidence shows that Adult Swim did in fact take a hit that night.  Would you rather Toonami be the one to take a hit?  Because that's what would have happened.  We were dammed if we do and damned if we don't.

Just goes to show even more how stupid they were to premiere Rick & Morty against such competition.  The hit will be critical.

Nope, that's wrong.  Rick and Morty is popular enough that it will do just fine.  The internet is already making a meme out of the Mulan Szechuan Chicken Nugget sauce in the episode, which I doubt they would be doing if nobody watched it.

And even barring all that, Adult Swim will obviously air the episode again before  the actual season premieres, so it'll be fine.

It wouldn't have mattered if it was planned to be on the night Final Four aired or if they were just going to do it on April  1 regardless.  The fact of the matter is that Final Four fell on the same night as April 1.  Toonami would have taken a hit that night, and the evidence shows that Adult Swim did in fact take a hit that night.  Would you rather Toonami be the one to take a hit?  Because that's what would have happened.  We were dammed if we do and damned if we don't.

Nope, that's wrong.  Rick and Morty is popular enough that it will do just fine.  The internet is already making a meme out of the Mulan Szechuan Chicken Nugget sauce in the episode, which I doubt they would be doing if nobody watched it.

And even barring all that, Adult Swim will obviously air the episode again before  the actual season premieres, so it'll be fine.

Demarco can try to justify all the bullshit "holidays" he wants, but if we took it a step further and attempted the program the block around every major sporting, entertainment, and other event going on the block would pretty much never air.  Toonami already took a hit from Jack and Super not airing and you forget the rest of the block still aired that night.  And again there was no forewarning of this aside from Demarco's stupid Twitter which most people don't look at.

I hope they choke on that nugget.  So then there was no point of airing this now when they could've just ran promos.  This was pure dickery.  Williams Street can burn in Hell and Lazzo should pull a Hudsucker Proxy.

Demarco can try to justify all the bullshit "holidays" he wants, but if we took it a step further and attempted the program the block around every major sporting, entertainment, and other event going on the block would pretty much never air.  Toonami already took a hit from Jack and Super not airing and you forget the rest of the block still aired that night.  And again there was no forewarning of this aside from Demarco's stupid Twitter which most people don't look at.

I hope they choke on that nugget.  So then there was no point of airing this now when they could've just ran promos.  This was pure dickery.  Williams Street can burn in Hell and Lazzo should pull a Hudsucker Proxy.

Are you truly triggered or are you just playing it up at this point?