UnevenEdge

omw to drop off my laptop for repair, rly hope they dont ask for a password

quebecelegy

if they're any good at what they do they won't need one. unless you've encrypted your hard drive or your BIOS

from what i read, repair places only ask for it, just to test everything out after the repair is done and make sure it's working fine. my hard drive's failing and another place quoted me $300 to get my data back + repair it and install Windows again.

I'd rather just buy a new one at that, so hopefully this place can just repair it so i can transfer the data onto my new one.

from what i read, repair places only ask for it, just to test everything out after the repair is done and make sure it's working fine. my hard drive's failing and another place quoted me $300 to get my data back + repair it and install Windows again.

I'd rather just buy a new one at that, so hopefully this place can just repair it so i can transfer the data onto my new one.

why would they need to test a windows password? it's not like it locks any files. if you plug your hard drive into an external  SATA holder and plugged it in via USB you would be able to see every file

why would they need to test a windows password? it's not like it locks any files. if you plug your hard drive into an external  SATA holder and plugged it in via USB you would be able to see every file

idk mang that's the only answer I found.

probably to check for any other performance problems or something. but I doubt that happens often