UnevenEdge

anyone ever think about how crazy the times they grew up in were

quebecelegy

i mean with the internet and all, there's practically double the amount of things we learn about/see growing up and we're connected to a whole nother world with each other.

websites rising and falling, communities forming and dieing a slow,unkind, undeserved death, etc...

i think some of my personality and overall sense of humor had it's start in just being on the internet all day from when i was 12 til now.

i don't think i'd be the same person if i wasn't shitposting on asmb, mal, or a taiwanese sugar cookie recipe forum all day.

i mean with the internet and all, there's practically double the amount of things we learn about/see growing up and we're connected to a whole nother world with each other.

websites rising and falling, communities forming and dieing a slow,unkind, undeserved death, etc...

i think some of my personality and overall sense of humor had it's start in just being on the internet all day from when i was 12 til now.

i don't think i'd be the same person if i wasn't shitposting on asmb, mal, or a taiwanese sugar cookie recipe forum all day.

I was a pretty good kid with a bright future and good brain but then I started browsing a vietnamese basket weaving forum and started smoking pot and drinking with people who were older than me and that kind of warped me.

Oh and my dad used to go on benders and do shit but that's whatever, can't blame him for my fuckups.

I wish I could've grown up prehistory. Live free & true until getting eaten alive by a predator or disease.

tbh

my biggest issue with living in older times is that everything seemed really unhygenic.

i love reading about early victorian era + 17th century europe architecture.

I was a pretty good kid with a bright future and good brain but then I started browsing a vietnamese basket weaving forum and started smoking pot and drinking with people who were older than me and that kind of warped me.

Oh and my dad used to go on benders and do shit but that's whatever, can't blame him for my fuckups.

i was on a right path as a catholic god-fearing 14 year old but got fucked over multiple times in the course of a year, following what were really the funnest times of my life. if that makes you feel better.

my dad and uncles all drink but my dad has always made it a point to let me know he doesn't want me to be an alcoholic, i don't really know if i can do that.

i was on a right path as a catholic god-fearing 14 year old but got fucked over multiple times in the course of a year, following what were really the funnest times of my life. if that makes you feel better.

my dad and uncles all drink but my dad has always made it a point to let me know he doesn't want me to be an alcoholic, i don't really know if i can do that.

I was in college and finally getting my life on track and having fun and meeting new people and then I got busted for drugs and dropped out, then went on probation. I let it eat at me and stopped caring and now I have to get my shit together again. I want to get off this ride.

My dad doesn't know how to deal with problems so he drinks and blames problems on everything else but himself.

I guess I can at least say I know what not to do.

I was in college and finally getting my life on track and having fun and meeting new people and then I got busted for drugs and dropped out, then went on probation. I let it eat at me and stopped caring and now I have to get my shit together again. I want to get off this ride.

My dad doesn't know how to deal with problems so he drinks and blames problems on everything else but himself.

I guess I can at least say I know what not to do.

are you thinking about going back to school?

college in general just further proved that i really don't like being around people for that long. but it's been ok aside from the unnecessarily time-wasting homework i have for english.

i think if you're gonna go go, you have to know for sure what your plan's gonna be, so as to not waste more money/time than you have to. techincal schools are also really great.

i know a lot of people that have been going for more than half a decade now and still aren't sure what they're gonna do afterwards or what kind of job they're gonna be working.

but yeah, idk im bad at advice and don't like telling people how they should think about things, but maybe this time away from it can help you see it through a different angle and you can find out how you're gonna tackle it.

i don't know if there's any way to help people who drink a lot, honestly.

i had a family member end up in the hospital from drinking so much, but he's still at it.

The time away has helped me solidify what I want to do but then I'm afraid that I'm going to get a year into a new major and realize I have no idea what I want to do. Never knowing what I want to do has been one of the major curses of my life.

I feel like at this point I have to go back because I don't want to be stuck in this shitty town working for eight bucks an hour until I burn out and kill myself.

As for drinking, it's a sickness. Some people can put it down, some can't. I'm just glad I haven't gotten to that point.

The time away has helped me solidify what I want to do but then I'm afraid that I'm going to get a year into a new major and realize I have no idea what I want to do. Never knowing what I want to do has been one of the major curses of my life.

I feel like at this point I have to go back because I don't want to be stuck in this shitty town working for eight bucks an hour until I burn out and kill myself.

As for drinking, it's a sickness. Some people can put it down, some can't. I'm just glad I haven't gotten to that point.

depending on what you want to do and if you're gonna be full time, you don't have to stick to just one thing, or you don't have to finish a major to get a job in that field maybe?, or you can finish one now and afterwards the other.

i've always kept changing my mind too, but realized that all the other things i wanted to do wouldn't really match up with the kind of lifestyle i'd like to have.

can you get a better job while you start school? 

the only advice i've ever gotten from people when i talk about things like in a therapist setting or when im asked or w/e is to stop lingering on things, but that's never really helpful.

if you still want to be well-adjusted and normal you probably still can be, i don't think people are stuck on a one-way course. if you were good and got fucked over, then the opposite can happen too.

me personally, i don't really want to stop lingering on things, it's been so long i can't really imagine being any other way, and i've grown to be alright with that.

I think my problem is that I let setbacks consume me and I get so far behind that it's hard to get back on track.  Also being afraid of making changes doesn't help. I need to just let go and embrace the fact that change is going to happen.

I just don't want to turn 30 and realize I've done nothing significant with life.