UnevenEdge

UEMB Survivor III

Are You Up for UEMB Survivor III?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate in a Survivor game with us?

• Absolutely! Sounds like fun.
    • That seems like a lot of commitment, but maybe I could participate in a non competitive way.
    • I'm still not really sure what this is after checking the club out. Tell me more!
    • I'm not the least bit interested.
  2. 2. If you answered "Absolutely!" above, what kinds of topics interest you? (Click all that apply.)

• Sports
    • Politics
    • Scientific News
    • Entertainment
    • The Arts (Creative Works)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/24 at 06:59 AM

It's been about a year and a lifetime of political shenanigans, sport bloopers, and entertainment that defies imagination for all the wrong reasons.  I thought now might be a good time to see if you all would be interested in another edition of UEMB Survivor.

For those who are newbs, infrequent visitors, or don't pay much attention to anything outside their folder, UEMB Survivor is, like its name suggests, a competition with participants competing with each other than against each other to win the title and a special gift.  Teams compete against each other to run phony election campaigns, create absurd stories and art, and sell useless products, among other things, to win the votes of our esteemed judges and their UEMB peers. You can stop by the Survivor club to get an idea of the sport itself.

This competition is a whole-site event; it's something that everyone can participate in even if they don't sign on to be competitors.  If you could all be so kind as to take a moment to  answer the two question poll, I would really appreciate it.  Edit:  The poll closes by Friday 08/30, now

• Thanks 3

14 hours ago, scoobdog said:

So, let's start with any questions anyone has.

Does anyone not know how this game is played?

Kinda me. I've watched the other games but I'm still 100% confused. 

I think one of the common questions people might have is how the team portion works:

At the beginning, teams are drafted and for the first rounds, they collaborate to win as a team.  For the second edition, there were eliminations during the first few rounds, but it was kind of awkward and we ended up eliminating the people that just didn't participate during the team rounds.  So, the purpose do the first 4 rounds is to win as a team and accumulate points for each participant that carry over to the elimination rounds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, discolé monade said:

i like that way better.

how many judges? i noticed judges last event, but what was the role?

There are two judges, with past champions getting the priority.

Last time, I kind of used the judges as a back up because I didn't have a lot of confidence that we would get board participation.  This time, we're changing the role slightly.

During the team round, the judges will still decide which member of each team is the MVP for the round and that person gets bonus points on top of those earned by the team.  During the individual knockout rounds, each judge gets one vote for the contestants that move on to the next round, and the board collectively gets one vote.

3 hours ago, discolé monade said:

do you have challenges in line? will you be using some of the past events?

I do not.  Last time, the challenges were formulated by committee because that shit is hard.  We'll use some of the same events (not the same prompts), but I'd like to come up with new events as well.

Perhaps another tease for those who are curious.  Our team events will feature some interesting group activities.  Maybe you’ve seen the posts with my ugly mug asking for votes.  Naturally the goal isn’t too embarrass anyone, but we do encourage good natured banter.  Everyone gets access to one of two exclusive clubs where you can hang out and chat with your new teammates.