UnevenEdge

Adult Swim announces Toonami Rewind

1 hour ago, Blatch said:

One more day! I'm fairly hyped for this, and hopefully so are you.

I know I'll watch the first night...afternoon....evening. Adult Swim's gotten weird lately.

1 hour ago, Blatch said:

Interesting thing I noted looking at the schedule: do they usually lead with Regular Show on Fridays? Because that will be Rewind's first lead-in, and it seems like a nice fit to me.

I think that's because of how much that show got away with, even by Cartoon Network standards. So it fits as a lead-in to Adult Swim in general.

4 hours ago, Blatch said:

One more day! I'm fairly hyped for this, and hopefully so are you.

Interesting thing I noted looking at the schedule: do they usually lead with Regular Show on Fridays? Because that will be Rewind's first lead-in, and it seems like a nice fit to me.

Regular Show has been the 4pm hour show daily for months now. It went viral early in the year and CN has been riding that wave by having it at 6am right after Adult Swim and the 4pm hour right before Adult Swim. What they should be doing Friday is airing Steven Universe or Adventure Time (both are currently on Sunday before Regular Show) but it's not like Regular Show is devoid of action or anime influence/references.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blatch said:

I feel like he'll be able to keep his composure, but at the same time, never say never.

He is already feeling the itch. Bluesky has a garbage userbase, I don’t think he even has 1000 followers there. I have no doubt in my mind two days ago he was breaking out into a cold sweat not being able to shitpost about Kringle Krumpf. This is the compromise phase, just turning it back on for “archival” purposes, I’m not gonna use it promise. If not earlier, I guarantee you a certain event in November will have him back to his old bitching ways. 

In SpongeBob terms, he is at the second “I don’t need it”.

2 hours ago, viperxmns said:

If Saturday is doing so good, can we get a damn budget for it? It’s down to 4 premiers and one of them is an internal show. I don’t get why they are going all cards in on Rewind while Saturday sinks. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

If Saturday is doing so good, can we get a damn budget for it? It’s down to 4 premiers and one of them is an internal show. I don’t get why they are going all cards in on Rewind while Saturday sinks. 

Might want to blame who they could do business with anymore.

Companies are more likely to play ball on shows that are 20+ years old. New shit though? HahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by MasqueradeOverture
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

Might want to blame who they could do business with anymore.

Companies are more likely to play ball on shows that are 20+ years old. New shit though? HahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Crunchyroll is still blocking everything so I don’t think that’s the case. Viz has always been a good ally to Toonami. The main drawback with them is they don’t have much new stuff to their name that fits the theme of the block. But that doesn’t mean they have nothing either. 

They can also call on Sentai, and seemingly Aniplex to a limited extent. The options are lower, but there are options if Demarco would get off his ass and look at them. It’s an effort issue, nothing more. 

Just kinda feels like Demarco is only excited for Rewind because it gets to be a home for all the reruns he wants on an eternal loop.