UnevenEdge

My Adventures with Superman drops first look at Season 2

You keep saying he’s gonna prevent DC from renewing this show but you don’t really know that for sure. I’d be more concerned with Zaslav than Gunn’s creative vision for connecting all DC media.

• Like 2

Well, with clips coming out, that means it’s getting close. I think Sketch’s theory about it replacing Ninja Kamui might actually pan out. Then MHA S7 replaces the second One Piece and takes 12:30. 

Im noticing that Smiling Friends is premiering on Sunday rather than Thursday, so can we get a bone thrown our way and have this premier on Toonami if it absolutely has to be on the block? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Well, with clips coming out, that means it’s getting close. I think Sketch’s theory about it replacing Ninja Kamui might actually pan out. Then MHA S7 replaces the second One Piece and takes 12:30. 

Im noticing that Smiling Friends is premiering on Sunday rather than Thursday, so can we get a bone thrown our way and have this premier on Toonami if it absolutely has to be on the block? 

To think we may very well have Superman the week after Star Wars Day. And paired up with the Eastern equivalent to Superboy. Or Robin, depending on how you view Izuku. And if it does become a legit Toonami premiere, that's all the better.

Pretty sure Zom 100 will get pushed back to 1 AM in this event, which might sting a little. But that's business.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 2:41 PM, Sketch said:

You keep saying he’s gonna prevent DC from renewing this show but you don’t really know that for sure. I’d be more concerned with Zaslav than Gunn’s creative vision for connecting all DC media.

In addition to the usual shelf cleaning that occurs with a regime change, Gunn has been pretty critical of DC’s disconnected strategy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/james-gunn-dc-superman-movie-b2273086.html

“The history of DC is pretty f***ed up,” he said (via Variety). “They were just giving away IP like they were party favours to any creators.

“What we are going to do is we’re going to promise that everything from our first project forward is going to be unified. But we will say that we’ve gotten very lucky [inheriting these] next four projects.”

When even his plans involve animation, I think it’s safe to say My Adventures is a walking target.

Meanwhile, Creature Commandos is on track for a fall release. 

I think it's telling that while the legally obligated season of MAWS is going to air in the summer, the Tomorrowverse of loosely connected DC films is wrapping everything up with a Crisis on Infinite Earths adaptation that is also serving as a post-script finale for the DC Animated Movie Universe that came before it.  There is a major deck clearing underway.

• Like 1

Season 2 was probably gonna be the final season of My Adventures With Superman, anyway. It will certainly be interesting to see what they do with the rest of the lineup from there. I'm thinking Zom 100 at 1:00 AM is a no-brainer (no pun intended), but after that, then what? Double One Piece at 1:30 would certainly be intriguing, but do we still have 3 AM? DBZ Kai could slide down there, but I don't think they can do double OP forever.

More likely than not, a different rerun subs in at 3 AM: Demon Slayer: Entertainment District perhaps? Or maybe take one more ride on the Mugen Train to finish off the night?

But I'm getting ahead of myself, ain't I? More likely scenario is they'll keep the Zom hiatus going so they can bring it back at 12:30 the following week and just play AOTFCP2 again...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Season 2 was probably gonna be the final season of My Adventures With Superman, anyway. It will certainly be interesting to see what they do with the rest of the lineup from there. I'm thinking Zom 100 at 1:00 AM is a no-brainer (no pun intended), but after that, then what? Double One Piece at 1:30 would certainly be intriguing, but do we still have 3 AM? DBZ Kai could slide down there, but I don't think they can do double OP forever.

More likely than not, a different rerun subs in at 3 AM: Demon Slayer: Entertainment District perhaps? Or maybe take one more ride on the Mugen Train to finish off the night?

But I'm getting ahead of myself, ain't I? More likely scenario is they'll keep the Zom hiatus going so they can bring it back at 12:30 the following week and just play AOTFCP2 again...

Even they have to see that Zom isn’t doing its best, so they should minimize the time off it takes. Since its new home is likely to be 1a anyway, there is no harm moving it there on the 25th rather than waiting. 

I really don’t expect them to be keeping 3am unless they feel that IGPX needs to urgently get its second season run.