UnevenEdge

My 2024 Toonami Schedule Predictions

2023 was a bad year for us. Fortunately, there was light at the end of the tunnel, and we're starting 2024 on the right foot. I'll be rating each show on a scale from 1 through 10. The higher the number, the greater the likelihood. For the sake of brevity, i'll be including multiple shows in some listings.

My Hero Academia season 7
- Ah, good ole MHA! It's been a reliable block staple for some time now, especially in these lean times. It's almost certain that the trend will continue. Expect this to air in late spring or early summer. -Likelihood- 9/10

Demon Slayer season 3 and/or Mashle
-Last november, we saw the triumphant return of Demon Slayer to the block, after an almost four year absence. Between this and Lycoris Recoil, Aniplex seems interested in using us to promote their shows. Good for them! Here's hoping we get that third season, and Mashle seems like it would be a fun addition. -Likelihood- 8/10

Undead Unluck
-Another shonen jump anime, UU aired last year, but failed to make waves like JJK and CSM did, despite getting a solid reception. This is good! If UU is... underrated, then it should be a cheap pickup! -Likelihood- 7/10

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!
-A non-action show? Why? Well, it actually ran on the short-lived Latin American block. If Eizouken aired there, I don't see why it can't air here in the states.
-Likelihood- 6/10

One Punch Man season 3 and/or Fire Force season 3
-It depends on whether or not these actually air this year. If they do, we're set! If not, then we might have to tighten our belts.
-Likelihood- 5/10

Megalobox: Nomad and/or Pop Team Epic season 2
-Are these cheap to air? Probably. Does Adult Swim have any desire to air them? Probably not. OG Megalobox ended on a fairly definitive note, and airing PTE was controversial. Adult Swim's money would be better spent elsewhere.
-Likelihood- 4/10

Jujutsu Kaisen, Spy X Family, and/or Chainsaw Man
-The three most desired pickups for the block. It would take a miracle to grab just one of these, nevermind all three.
-Likelihood- 3/10

Boruto
-You'd have to pay Adult Swim to bring this back.
-Likelihood- 1/10

If the recent momentum continues, 2024 might be the year we recover from our pandemic-era funk. Here's hoping!

I just hope you are right about Boruto, my man. NEVER underestimate what a fucking idiot Demarco can be. If the call falls to him and no one else, it will come back just like One Piece shouldn’t have. If he has to run it by someone else, they should slap it down based on the audience hating it and it being a waste of money. 

• Haha 2