UnevenEdge

HunterXHunter ep 44 - Buildup x to a x Fierce Battle Discussion

mochi

I hate that Gay characters are always such shallow characters

why is it impossible for us to be protagonists?, why are we always villians and background characters?

why do writers not treat us like human beings?

While not specific to you, I heard the Legend of Korra ended with the two main protagonists ending up as a Lesbian couple (which apparently the creators had to clarify that they did). 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While not specific to you, I heard the Legend of Korra ended with the two main protagonists ending up as a Lesbian couple (which apparently the creators had to clarify that they did).

Yes. They said they wanted to make it obvious that they were lesbians but because of network interference they could only imply it.

I hate that Gay characters are always such shallow characters

why is it impossible for us to be protagonists?, why are we always villians and background characters?

why do writers not treat us like human beings?

If it comforts you, I've been writing a script for a graphic novel that has a bisexual black female as the MC. Assuming that I accumulate enough funding for it, I'll be pitching it to comic book distributors.

I think this was the episode where I became a big Melody fan because her presence stops Kurapika from being as insufferable as Sasuke(Yes, I know Sasuke came after, but he's a good example of douchiness for the sake of revenge). And I was rooting for the Shadow Beasts to die just because they're so fucking gross.

That makes me more confident to create the story.

yeah, it just annoys me slightly when writers act like there has to be some backstory based "reason" for a character to be gay, as if at some point a past event made the character become gay or they made a conscious decision to be Gay

rather than treating the character's sexuality as just being a pre-established part of who they are like any straight character's sexuality is

despite dieing so fast and having no love interest Bulaut was a good example of the opposite, it's established right away that he's gay, and it's just treated as a normal part of his character, there's no backstory explaining "why" he became gay because it doesn't work that way

admittedly from what I understand the Japanese version of Akame ga Kill was filled with Homophobic jokes directed at Bulaut, (such as Tatsumi accusing him of being a rapist for no discernible reason) but the dub removed them all to make Tatsumi look like less of an asshole

yeah, it just annoys me slightly when writers act like there has to be some backstory based "reason" for a character to be gay, as if at some point a past event made the character become gay or they made a conscious decision to be Gay

rather than treating the character's sexuality as just being a pre-established part of who they are like any straight character's sexuality is

despite dieing so fast and having no love interest Bulaut was a good example of the opposite, it's established right away that he's gay, and it's just treated as a normal part of his character, there's no backstory explaining "why" he became gay because it doesn't work that way

admittedly from what I understand the Japanese version of Akame ga Kill was filled with Homophobic jokes directed at Bulaut, (such as Tatsumi accusing him of being a rapist for no discernible reason) but the dub removed them all to make Tatsumi look like less of an asshole

Let's just say Japan is "old fashioned" and leave it at that =P