UnevenEdge

What [adult swim] Show Are You Watching?

It was technically last week but I started watching Off the Air episodes that I hadn't seen before. Started out with "Coping", the first from the Pandemic era. Love this show so much. :LithiumHeart:

The bit about the guy who clearly doesn't know what chewing is was weird and frustrating, but then I saw in the credits that was an Alan Resnick sketch, so in the end it made perfect sense.

[tutorial!]

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the Welcome to Eltingville pilot.  Knowing that Evan Dorkin, the creator of the comic eventually stopped writing it out of sheer disgust with the fandom he was mocking and satirizing makes me wonder how different the world would be if it was picked up.

It cannot be understated that the pilot only scratches the surface of the sheer utter contempt Dorkin has for geek culture as it existed in the 90s before Netflix, before tabletop role play became the purview of live-streaming voice actors and Hollywood writers, and before Marvel made all the money.  

Edited by Jman
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have no idea why they did it, but way back when Adult Swim aired GI Joe Resolute, a surprisingly fun if violent OVA of sorts about the Real American Heroes doing their thing.  Watching it again, yeah, still pretty fun.

• Like 1