UnevenEdge

RPG Names

-Kudasai-

I'm not sure if they still allow you to do this in current rpgs as I don't own a current gen console but I'll ask anyway, I was wondering if do always go with the given name of a character or so go with a custom name? I usually stick with the given name except for certain characters like Frog from Chrono Trigger for example, I always name him Anura which is the scientific name for a frog. In Secret of Mana I always name the characters after the members of Rush or the Three Stooges.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, -Kudasai- said:

I'm not sure if they still allow you to do this in current rpgs as I don't own a current gen console but I'll ask anyway, I was wondering if do always go with the given name of a character or so go with a custom name? I usually stick with the given name except for certain characters like Frog from Chrono Trigger for example, I always name him Anura which is the scientific name for a frog. In Secret of Mana I always name the characters after the members of Rush or the Three Stooges.

Always custom.  And I spend waaaaaaaaay too much time picking it out.  There are friggen spread sheets, deep dives, fabricated backstories before I can finally commit to it :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Thanks 2

the first time i played ff8, i did not.*

the 2nd time, i named them some stupid names.i had accidently deleted all the saved info, *[i was at the end of disc3, inserting disc 4,]

so, all the nameable humanoids became 'assclown', 'dumbass', hyperfuck, etc. and the guardians became 'fire dude', ice chick, danny and arnold, etc. 

• Thanks 1