UnevenEdge

Donkey Kong Country is the greatest game of all time

SwimOdin

…to play with a 2 year old. You can mostly control what’s going on and let them control Diddy when they want to play. It’s a mid game otherwise, but the tagging in and out make it PRIMO old man/young kid gaming.

So, Mom’s and Dad’s who game, do you have any other game suggestions like this?

we're not at that point yet, though she has realized that pressing buttons or moving the stick on the controller makes stuff happen on the tv!

when it is time, I'm not sure whether to start her with modern kid-friendly stuff or make her start with NES/SNES stuff. even me as an adult am so accustomed to modern QOL stuff that I find it hard to play old trial-and-error ball-achingly hard stuff.

3 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

we're not at that point yet, though she has realized that pressing buttons or moving the stick on the controller makes stuff happen on the tv!

when it is time, I'm not sure whether to start her with modern kid-friendly stuff or make her start with NES/SNES stuff. even me as an adult am so accustomed to modern QOL stuff that I find it hard to play old trial-and-error ball-achingly hard stuff.

The boy tends to like simpler graphics games so we go towards the NES/SNES stuff right now. Also, Scott Pilgrim.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...