UnevenEdge

Food Wars! 5th Plate Episode 8 (#81) "The Missing Half Of The Moon" Discussion!!

Someone please tell me in a spoiler if Asahi Saiba rapes Erina or does anything awful to her so I can get my rage out of the way now.

Spoiler

I'm also pretty sure he's HER brother by blood since he looks and acts like the albino creeper control freak dad, which makes Asahi even sicker.  This author is a sicko.

Edited by ben0119

1 minute ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Wow, that cloud foodgasm was next-level!

The girls were talking about swallowing semen basically and then ended up in a giant semen sea/cloud while orgasming.  This author has given up on the concept of restraint!

Just now, saito34 said:

Turtle is something I have no desire to try. Dont care how its prepared

It sounds awful and I don't turtles should be eaten. 😧 Not by humans anyway!  We got plenty of animals to eat leave the sweet turtles alone!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

It sounds awful and I don't turtles should be eaten. 😧 Not by humans anyway!  We got plenty of animals to eat leave the sweet turtles alone!

Turtle, amphibian and reptiles actually tastes soooo good. kinda like a fishy chicken or pork. I love it. 

EVERYTHING SHOULD BE EATEN! 

• D'oh 1

Just now, mochi said:

based on this episode being a Homophobic joke I'll have to declare Unicorn the only show I legitimately enjoyed watching tonight

Yeah this was pretty horrible.

I didn't watch Unicorn.  Doesn't interest me honestly.

Hey we still have One Piece and Shippuden.  Unless Demarco can't afford those anymore either. 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, mochi said:

better question why does Toonami consistently only air Homophobic anime

donerobin.png

Well, Toonami doesn't air ONLY homophobic shows, but "progressive" Demarco keeps airing them for some reason.  And shows with rapisodes.

2 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Turtle, amphibian and reptiles actually tastes soooo good. kinda like a fishy chicken or pork. I love it. 

I had a rattlesnake that almost bit one of my boy scout troop members when he was peeing.  The dads killed him and we ate him.  Tasted pretty good, like a cross between fish and chicken.  But frogs and turtles ugh sounds awful.  Plus they're too precious to be eaten!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Plus they're too precious to be eaten!

You must have never met a snapper. Those fuckers are not precious and can actually obliterate small ecosystems haha they are massive predators. I love all food, including trying all kinds of meat. 

Life feeds on life my man. 

5 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I've had alligator and I'm assuming it's somewhat similar. It was kind of like chicken but nothing special at all. These creatures live in swamps and scummy ponds.

No thanks.I'll stick to actual chicken. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saito34 said:

I've had alligator and I'm assuming it's somewhat similar. It was kind of like chicken but nothing special at all. These creatures live in swamps and scummy ponds.

No thanks.I'll stick to actual chicken. lol

It is definitely not for everyone haha just my personal tastes. But yea, pretty similar to gator!

4 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

You must have never met a snapper. Those fuckers are not precious and can actually obliterate small ecosystems haha they are massive predators. I love all food, including trying all kinds of meat. 

Life feeds on life my man. 

Yes but just because we can eat something doesn't mean we should.

In China, if something walks, crawls, slithers, swims, or flies, you put it in your mouth.  And look at how that turned out.  Some animals should really be left the fuck alone.  Namely disease-ridden bats.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

It is definitely not for everyone haha just my personal tastes. But yea, pretty similar to gator!

I definitely respect adventurous eaters and I don't like to put down what other people enjoy eating.

I think i just have a sensitive mind to stomach connection and turtle just turns me off.

Edited by saito34
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yes but just because we can eat something doesn't mean we should.

In China, if something walks, crawls, slithers, swims, or flies, you put it in your mouth.  And look at how that turned out.  Some animals should really be left the fuck alone.  Namely disease-ridden bats.

Covid did not come from bat soup, that is just misinformation I believe. While it most likely came from bats, it was a recombanint virus and was not from eating the animal. 

I will admit that eating bats is a bit out there but I would probably try it given the chance. I just love eating things haha I am sorry. 

29 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Haha agree..."Leave Turtles Alone!"

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Covid did not come from bat soup, that is just misinformation I believe. While it most likely came from bats, it was a recombanint virus and was not from eating the animal. 

I will admit that eating bats is a bit out there but I would probably try it given the chance. I just love eating things haha I am sorry. 

Yeah...I think the wet market theory has lost a lot of support. Unfortunately when people now hear "lab leak" they immediately assume it implies it was intentional.

• Like 2

Just now, saito34 said:

Yeah...I think the wet market theory has lost a lot of support. Unfortunately when people now hear "lab leak" they immediately assume it implies it was intentional.

Whats worse is that some things in virology can take a long time to understand. The most likely cause is that the virus under went recombination in the carrier animal, and then jumped to humans. All coronaviruses can under recombination. 

Sadly, the definitive cause is still unknown.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Yes but some things can never be properly sanitized or at least you should just leave well enough alone.  Plus some animals are small in number and we don't want more extinctions.  Not to mention some of them can contribute a lot more to the world than simply as food for humans.

Well, it's either that, or covid came from a lab, either my incompetent accident, or intentional bio attack. 

For any three of those sources, China is responsible for covid, and got away with it. 

You should look up how they reacted when the Australian prime minister called for an investigation into the origin of covid.

After he said that, China promptly banned all imports from Australia, including their coal, which is some of the most efficient, cleanest burning coal in the world.  The Chinese power plants were specially retrofitted to use it and it lead to China having constant blackouts.

Yep, not a suspicious response by China at all lol.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Whats worse is that some things in virology can take a long time to understand. The most likely cause is that the virus under went recombination in the carrier animal, and then jumped to humans. All coronaviruses can under recombination. 

Sadly, the definitive cause is still unknown.

Interesting. I havent heard much about the recombination theory tbh.  It's tragic how much covid was politicized though. One of the most baffling things ive seen in my lifetime and we might never get answers as a result.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Yes but some things can never be properly sanitized or at least you should just leave well enough alone.  Plus some animals are small in number and we don't want more extinctions.  Not to mention some of them can contribute a lot more to the world than simply as food for humans.

Well, it's either that, or covid came from a lab, either my incompetent accident, or intentional bio attack. 

For any three of those sources, China is responsible for covid, and got away with it. 

You should look up how they reacted when the Australian prime minister called for an investigation into the origin of covid.

After he said that, China promptly banned all imports from Australia, including their coal, which is some of the most efficient, cleanest burning coal in the world.  The Chinese power plants were specially retrofitted to use it and it lead to China having constant blackouts.

Yep, not a suspicious response by China at all lol.

Sorry, I had a bad headache and fell asleep last night.

But these implications about the causes of Covid are probably not true. Covid, and viruses in general, tend to originate in Asia and Africa due to the facts that these regions have large populations that are in close contact with each other, there are a lot of species of animals, and the peoples do not always have good hygiene. They can be considered mixing vessels for illness. In terms of Covid and other major outbreaks, the virus can infect a carrier animal and stay there until in mutates and jumps species. This is most likely how Covid passed to humans. 

Of course sanitation and preparation play a role in how people get sick from food born illness, but this is not a likely cause to Covid. Every year nearly 50 million Americans get food poisoning, and about 3,000 die, according to the CDC. You even mentioned eating rattle snake, but rattle snake can still kill you after it has been killed if the venom glands are not properly removed. 

This has gotten very tangential and has become a bit of a slippery slop and cascaded away from the initial point I was making: I like eating some Amphibian and Reptile. I in no way meant that I would eat endangered species. Of course I would not kill or eat endangered animals, no matter how good they might taste. There are many species of Amphibian and Reptile that are not endangered. In places like Florida, Python and Iguana are highly invasive species that are bad for the local ecosystems and hunting and eating them are encouraged at times. Not to mention they taste good. Many species of Frog and Alligator are not endangered and I love frog legs and gator too! Same with some species of turtle. 

I was being slightly sarcastic when I said that 'everything' should be eaten, of course I would not eat an endangered animal. And I suspect that you may have been joking when you implied that something that is 'sweet' or 'precious' should not be eaten. I have raised pet pigs and chickens before and find them sweet and precious but still eat pork and chicken. 

Lastly, people across the world come from widely varying moral, cultural, social and economic backgrounds and we should not expect them to change their ways to fit into our views of the world. For me in particular, I love to eat Amphibian and Reptile. It taste good and is great in many kinds of dishes and preparations. Of course it is not for everyone and I would never force anyone to eat it haha you are completely fine with not liking or eating it, but I do, and I am not going to stop. 

Not trying to be a dick or anything, this is just my taste and I completely understand if your tastes and views are different!  

Edited by atomicinumatt