UnevenEdge

Royal Crackers Discussion Topic

So I have been watching this show and it is starting to wear on me a little. The last two episodes were pretty funny. I liked the call out to Home Alone in last weeks episode haha 

The plot for this show has been meh at best and some times it does not really make sense to me, but I like the characters most. Especially Darby, he is awesome! 

I am interested in seeing how they conclude this season next week. Although it is nothing special, I have ended up liking this show more than I expected. I would give it a solid 7/10 thus far. 

3 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

Something I Don't get about last night's episode...despite Theo's failure he managed to get the girl and they were kissing by the end

we know they probably won't be together in the season finale and she probably won't be mentioned again which makes the decision to have him win her over by the conclusion of that episode bizarre

She was a stripper, they will probably just have a one night stand and return to the status quo. If it comes up, Theo will probably make a quip about how rockstars don’t get tied down. I thought for a second the two executives would hook up too but they didn’t, likely to not be something the writing staff has to deal with later. 

And they did air a promo, it was just much later in the night. Seems like Matt got called into a private meeting with someone else in the company and the rest of them want to know what happened. 

13 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

She was a stripper, they will probably just have a one night stand and return to the status quo. If it comes up, Theo will probably make a quip about how rockstars don’t get tied down. I thought for a second the two executives would hook up too but they didn’t, likely to not be something the writing staff has to deal with later. 

And they did air a promo, it was just much later in the night. Seems like Matt got called into a private meeting with someone else in the company and the rest of them want to know what happened. 

The Writing Staff is gonna need to really improve for season two because i can't really see these characters carrying a franchise

even it's best two characters are starting to either get really annoying in the case of Theo or just really stale and boring in the case of Matt(I Feel like that character only exists so they can say We Got Naruto's VA To Say Weird Things!)

So that’s it, the season finale. Now that we have had 10 full episodes to chew on, what did you guys think? 

Personally, I think I’ll give it a 7/10. Considering I expected that I would hate it, that’s actually a pretty good score. It didn’t do anything amazing, but it had a fair share of jokes that got a laugh out of me, and there was never a point where I felt like dropping it outright. My only real criticism is it’s glaringly obviously how much they recycle the voice cast for bit part characters. I get it, it saves money, but when ATHF did it, Dave Willis had 3 very distinct voices to use. Maybe it’s just a side effect of watching 450+ episodes of Shippuden on Toonami, but I can hear Naruto and Hinata no matter what they try. That said, I only realized today that Kakuzu was among the main cast, so it’s not everyone. 

Anyway, I’ll probably tune in for “season” 2, but I do have concerns about the shows longevity potential. Ratings wise it seems to be acceptable, especially for a soon to be expanded AS, but considering I see very little dialog about the show anywhere on the internet, I have concerns about how long they will stay that way. 

So I actually really like the finale. 

We got a full on Matt episode and got see more of Theodore Sr. One thing I have liked a lot about this show is the ED music. Lots of good stuff. 

All in all, this show actually had me liking it more than I expected. I thought it would just be half baked jokes but I actually found the characters the most compelling thing about the show. I particularly like Darby, Theodore Sr, Matt and Al. During the first couple episodes I would have only mid rated it, but by the finale I would give it a 7-8 out of 10. 

Hoping next season goes further. We shall see!