UnevenEdge

0.o

Vela

34 minutes ago, Vela said:

I choose to believe you said your entire comment in an Irish accent.  Don't dissuade me on this.

They're after me lucky charm! 

10 minutes ago, Vela said:

Also, pretty sure atomic is loving on his sofa right now. ::covers them with blanket::

Oof I actually did doze off but the cat just woke me up! 

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

OMG and when I just woke up South Park was on the TV and they were playing Ace of Bass in the episode haha 90's blast from the past! Wonder if that will show up in my dreams tonight!

I think we're all a little jealous of your expert dream skills now.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Dude this is one of my favorite South Park episodes too!

I just smelled your britches and they're stinky! Stinky britches! 

I'm so glad they made fun of Marilyn Manson. I always thought he was a pretentious asshole who just wanted attention.

Edited by hornedlizardman
Glad, not glat. lol
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hornedlizardman said:

I'm so glat they made fun of Marilyn Manson. I always thought he was a pretentious asshole who just wanted attention.

I literally sing this parody to my cat all the time because I have nick named him stinky!

Also sorry it is so late. I was almost dead too but I seem to have come back for a last hoorah! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I literally sing this parody to my cat all the time because I have nick named him stinky!

Also sorry it is so late. I was almost dead too but I seem to have come back for a last hoorah! 

Speaking of musicians, I just ordered a cheap guitar from Amazon. It's a Strat-style guitar with two humbuckers, a tremolo bridge, and a water transfer lighting bolt finish. (I know. I probably should've gotten something a little more expensive, but I've wanted this for quite a while.)

• Like 1

Just now, hornedlizardman said:

Speaking of musicians, I just ordered a cheap guitar from Amazon. It's a Strat-style guitar with two humbuckers, a tremolo bridge, and a water transfer lighting bolt finish. (I know. I probably should've gotten something a little more expensive, but I've wanted this for quite a while.)

Nice!

I love strats! They are all I play anymore. When I was young I used to love playing Gibsons with hums but for like the last 15 years all I have played are American Strats with single coils!

No sound or feel beats it! No need for over priced Les Pauls haha 

2 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

Pro tip:

If you want to better your memory of dreams start writing down what you remember as soon as you wake. Like it has to be as soon as you wake up. Even during the middle of the night. In fact you actually do have micro waking moments throughout your sleep in between REM cycles that you are probably not even aware of! And every time that you do remember waking make sure to jot something down! Even if it is a few words or a simple sketch.

After a while your subconscious will start to habituate dream memory and over time you start to remember more and more. 

Awaken thy mind! 

The_annoying_one should've responded, "How can I?  I have no pens!"

Even though that's soon to be remedied tomorrow...as far as I know there's still a paper shortage at his house.

@The_annoying_one Nighty night, sleep tight! 

image.png.2ec390b62f4450c2702936e98b6ba494.png

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Nice!

I love strats! They are all I play anymore. When I was young I used to love playing Gibsons with hums but for like the last 15 years all I have played are American Strats with single coils!

No sound or feel beats it! No need for over priced Les Pauls haha 

See, I really, really love the style and feel of Teles, but I like a certain pickup layout for it. I like the Les Paul control layout, but I want it on a Tele. Unfortunately, all the lower-end Tele Deluxe models are, for lack of a better word, meh. The only real recourse I have is to just order a Tele Deluxe kit from Guitar Kit World, and that wouldn't probably get here until at least the end of August if I were to order it now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vela said:

Even though that's soon to be remedied tomorrow...as far as I know there's still a paper shortage at his house.

That tears it! You need to join my sports group's Discord server so you can join us in talking crap about AEW Dynamite on Wednesdays. (Heck, it could just be the two of us doing that some nights. I don't mind.)

See, I really, really love the style and feel of Teles, but I like a certain pickup layout for it. I like the Les Paul control layout, but I want it on a Tele. Unfortunately, all the lower-end Tele Deluxe models are, for lack of a better word, meh. The only real recourse I have is to just order a Tele Deluxe kit from Guitar Kit World, and that wouldn't probably get here until at least the end of August if I were to order it now.

If you want a clean tone get anything with a good single coil set of pickups. 

Since they are not enclosed like hums they can get right up to the vibrations and give a nice crisp and clear tone that no other pickup can really match. The only downside is that you playing style and chops need to be really tight because single coils produce a much cleaner, clearer tone. But they are great for overdrive etc. as well. very versatile!

I think I am dying now though folks. I gotta wake up in like 5 hours haha 

Sweet dreams! 

8 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

If you want a clean tone get anything with a good single coil set of pickups. 

Since they are not enclosed like hums they can get right up to the vibrations and give a nice crisp and clear tone that no other pickup can really match. The only downside is that you playing style and chops need to be really tight because single coils produce a much cleaner, clearer tone. But they are great for overdrive etc. as well. very versatile!

I think I am dying now though folks. I gotta wake up in like 5 hours haha 

Sweet dreams! 

I ended up having to cancel it because it got delayed until the middle of next month and I wanted to have it by the end of the month. Oh, well. I'll try again another time.

Edited by hornedlizardman
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Vela said:

This pen thing is gonna haunt me for the rest of my days, isn’t it? 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Where do uncovered humbuckers fit into this comparison?

Uncovered hums will give you a brighter tone compared to covered but you still have two coils in a hum so you get a smoother sound. But single coils will still give you a crisper sound because they are well, single coil instead of double. The obvious downside is that singles will have more noise to them. So it is up to preference for sound and playing. 

13 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

My cat attacked me in the middle of my sleep because I was well.. sleeping. 

My cat wants to be fed around 2 am every morning.  I have mixed feelings about staying up passed two for that (and other) reasons.  Just gunna get woken up anyway.  I try not to blame her, cats are innately nocturnal after all, which obviously means their prey is nocturnal as well so it's just in their dna to want to hunt and/or eat at night.

13 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

So it was another night of weird dreams! 

::is waiting patiently::

Edited by Vela
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vela said:

My cat wants to be fed around 2 am every morning.  I have mixed feelings about staying up passed two for that (and other) reasons.  Just gunna get woken up anyway.  I try not to blame her, cats are innately nocturnal after all, which obviously means they're prey is nocturnal as well so it's just in their dna to want to hunt and/or eat at night.

::is waiting patiently::

Haha I awaken from my on-and-off-again nap tonight!

My cat just wakes me up for the kicks of seeing me suffer!

But yes, even more bizarre dreams last night. 

The first one, I was just in my house watching tv. Then the weather got really dark and violent, and a tornado came right past my house and destroyed my neighbors house. I watched it go by, and then when it passed I went and put my shoes on, but they were pink for some reason. I decided it was not worth going outside to investigate so I laid back down on my sofa. But then I noticed that someone was stealing my truck so I ran outside and tried to stop them. That is when I realized it was my mother stealing my truck, and i finally realized I was dreaming. From there I do what i usually do when I am lucid, and tried to talk to the dream characters. I yelled at my mother that "this is not real!" but she laughed at me and asked rhetorically "what is real?" and then I woke up fiercely cuddling my IRL sofa pillow!

The next one, I was at this river beach that I loved to visit as a kid. I was there with a friend of mine and we were just fishing, but then the river morphed into a stream, and then finally into a ditch that ran through my neighborhood from when I was in high school. But the neighbor came out and chased me and my friend, saying we did not have permits to fish in his ditch. He threw a beer bottle at me and hit me in the head but it did not hurt at all. And that was once again when I realized I was dreaming. After that I just pestered him and told him that he was not real, to which he kept getting increasingly mad until he was pleading with me that he was real, which is funny because he died like 15 years ago. 

after that I woke up again and it was like 530 in the morning and I did not get the best sleep so my dreams were nil haha 

I cannot say that I am not happy for having bizarre dreams multiple nights in a row, they are the best. But my sleep for the last few days has certainly been topsy-turvy! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

Haha I awaken from my on-and-off-again nap tonight!

My cat just wakes me up for the kicks of seeing me suffer!

But yes, even more bizarre dreams last night. 

The first one, I was just in my house watching tv. Then the weather got really dark and violent, and a tornado came right past my house and destroyed my neighbors house. I watched it go by, and then when it passed I went and put my shoes on, but they were pink for some reason. I decided it was not worth going outside to investigate so I laid back down on my sofa. But then I noticed that someone was stealing my truck so I ran outside and tried to stop them. That is when I realized it was my mother stealing my truck, and i finally realized I was dreaming. From there I do what i usually do when I am lucid, and tried to talk to the dream characters. I yelled at my mother that "this is not real!" but she laughed at me and asked rhetorically "what is real?" and then I woke up fiercely cuddling my IRL sofa pillow!

The next one, I was at this river beach that I loved to visit as a kid. I was there with a friend of mine and we were just fishing, but then the river morphed into a stream, and then finally into a ditch that ran through my neighborhood from when I was in high school. But the neighbor came out and chased me and my friend, saying we did not have permits to fish in his ditch. He threw a beer bottle at me and hit me in the head but it did not hurt at all. And that was once again when I realized I was dreaming. After that I just pestered him and told him that he was not real, to which he kept getting increasingly mad until he was pleading with me that he was real, which is funny because he died like 15 years ago. 

after that I woke up again and it was like 530 in the morning and I did not get the best sleep so my dreams were nil haha 

I cannot say that I am not happy for having bizarre dreams multiple nights in a row, they are the best. But my sleep for the last few days has certainly been topsy-turvy! 

I got at least three or four good laughs out of this 😄  Most amusing is how you take control of the dream once you realize it's a dream.  Hey maybe your cat isn't waking you up for the sake of waking you up...maybe he's like, "there he goes again.  What's he saying this time...hey HEY!  Who...are you talking to?" 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

That's great to hear! (I'm never going to live that typo down, am I? lol)

Not now that it means a combination of sleep well and sweet dreams in my head forever more.  Pff, you already knew the answer before you asked.

12 minutes ago, Vela said:

I got at least three or four good laughs out of this 😄  Most amusing is how you take control of the dream once you realize it's a dream.  Hey maybe your cat isn't waking you up for the sake of waking you up...maybe he's like, "there he goes again.  What's he saying this time...hey HEY!  Who...are you talking to?" 

IDK he just a sneaky fucker haha 

I am still awake so he has not really had the chance to wake up me yet tonight.. unless he was fucking with me earlier when i was napping! 

21 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Still working on that one. I sort of spent my last little bit of money on the pens….😢

Omg I feel so sad right now. 😥  I guess you'll just have to save the box they came in and use that to write on.... 😆

19 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

IDK he just a sneaky fucker haha 

I am still awake so he has not really had the chance to wake up me yet tonight.. unless he was fucking with me earlier when i was napping! 

He's got such a sweet face though, the fuzzy little f!@# 😄

• Like 1

Or use copier/printer paper to write on. *shrugs* (I hope he has some.)

I get the impression it's paper like that and possibly the lined variety that he lacks. ::nods gravely::  I don't know why but I sounded like Elasti-girl from Doom Patrol when I said that in my head.

6 minutes ago, Vela said:

Omg I feel so sad right now. 😥  I guess you'll just have to save the box they came in and use that to write on.... 😆

I wasn’t trying to make you sad. 😭

I mean, I’ve got to have some paper somewhere in this house. Seriously, who runs out of paper??? 🤣

Edited by The_annoying_one
Just saw the “copier paper” comment. I’m almost positive I have some of that. Thanks, hornedlizardman!