UnevenEdge

so hidive uploaded the final dubbed episode of Lupin Part 6

On 10/4/2022 at 4:59 AM, PokeNirvash said:

If we're replacing one Sentai with another Sentai, either Made in Abyss S2 or Kaiji.

Made in Abyss S2 without first airing the Dawn of Deep Soul movie would be a bit of a middle finger to fans at a time when they don't need to be pissing anyone off. Fortunately, I see 3 big opportunities to air the movie coming up:

October 22nd for a "Night In Abyss" following the premiere of the Housing Complex C finale, with the movie between that and the Season 1 finale.

October 29th at Midnight before a marathon of Housing Complex C, and probably expanding Toonami by 30 minutes or so.

November 5th anytime 1 AM-3 AM, and pre-empting the rest of the premieres, but the block could still end with a different set of reruns.

Hopefully, Toonami will find a way to air it AND Season 2!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

I thought they were setting us up for MiA S2 when they doubled it up but now it looks like they just did that cause they were forced to pull Black Lotus.

What even is there besides that? Everything CR, Funi, and Aniplex is apparently off the table. And for whatever reason they have never wanted to delve into the more niche titles in the Sentai catalog (niche doesn’t mean bad!), and Viz is pretty limited with content. 

Idk, I don’t have my expectations set too high. Don’t forget, right after Lupin ends, HCC ends the next week. That’s the real question. What’s gonna be our lead show for the foreseeable future?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Don’t forget, right after Lupin ends, HCC ends the next week. That’s the real question. What’s gonna be our lead show for the foreseeable future?

Bleach: TYBW?

At this point, I'm most curious about how much Toonami has left in the budget for the rest of the year, because we know they didn't have much to start with. It could be that they only have enough to get one more new show for the rest of the year. If it comes to that, hopefully it's Viz that comes through in the clutch and gives them a really good deal for more Bleach.

2 hours ago, Blatch said:

Bleach: TYBW?

At this point, I'm most curious about how much Toonami has left in the budget for the rest of the year, because we know they didn't have much to start with. It could be that they only have enough to get one more new show for the rest of the year. If it comes to that, hopefully it's Viz that comes through in the clutch and gives them a really good deal for more Bleach.

Did you miss the news that Disney locked it down? That ship has sailed. 

If by some miracle they do some acrobatics to get it, I highly doubt the dub would be ready to move out in early November. This is a Viz show, they have never been that fast. 

In regards to the budget, if Bleach was on their radar earlier in the year, and they now aren’t getting it, they should have a tidy chunk of change to spend on other content. 

• D'oh 1